The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-17-2020, 04:26 PM

I was at the factory last week and they said they are no longer making them. Steve said they might make them again in the future. It’s a shame. I have one and there is no case that’s even close to the overall quality. Said they have a few left that are about $900.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:14 PM

Just ordered one instead of the TKL (with price adjustment) to go with a D1AT, and the dealer has no inkling that they are being discontinued. Sent me a revised invoice and sent the order through to Collings. Can't tell you how disappointing this would be if they are entirely discontinued. The cases were an absolute passion for Bill, and this would signal a genuinely depressing break from his legacy.

"I was at the factory last week and they said they are no longer making them. Steve said they might make them again in the future. It’s a shame. I have one and there is no case that’s even close to the overall quality. Said they have a few left that are about $900." Adamking86
Old 02-20-2020, 03:21 AM

Let me praise the excellent Collings customer service.
I've sent two questions related to a specific OM2H I was fancying, including the case, and I've got a complete answer soon after. The result: I just pull the trigger!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion