The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Default 2009 MJ Mike Franks OMD

Listing with photos on Reverb SOLD

https://reverb.com/item/1920805-mj-mike-franks-omd-2009

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. I'm also under the username galapogos17 on eBay and the gear page.

Stunning in every way. Sound erupts from this guitar. It rewards a subtle right hand. It can be delicate or project bluegrass runs. The bass is very balanced and tight sounding with rich full treble.

The wood set is untouchable. Straight grained old growth brazilian rosewood, the kind you would see on instruments from the 20's and 30's. Just look at the beautiful straight grained quarter sawn back and sides! The head plate is also brazilian rosewood. The top is quarter sawn adirondack spruce with a beautiful winter grain pattern. The braces are also adirondack spruce. The fretboard and bridge are ebony with a solid mahogany neck. A custom mother of pearl diamond pattern adorns the rosette.

From Mike's site:

OM-D Deep Body Orchestra
The OM-D retains the classic outline of the OM-S with an added half inch body depth, forward-shifted top braces and a full 4 inch diameter soundhole. This guitar offers a stronger bass and slightly louder voice over the standard depth OM-S making it a great cross over guitar for both fingerstyle playing and light to medium strumming.

It's in great overall condition and the wood has really opened up.

I'm selling because I own a custom MJ Franks 00 and an MJ Franks Resonator. I want to buy a pair of compressors for my studio, so something has to go.

Specifications:

Body Style - Deep Body 14 fret OM
Top and Sides - Old Growth Brazilian
Rosewood
Top - Adirondack
Scale Length - 25.4”
Neck Profile - Low Oval
Body Depth - 4.625”
Fingerboard Width @ Nut - 1.750”
Fingerboard Radius - 16”
Bridge Pin Spacing - 2.250”
Neck Joint - Bolt On
Top Purfling - Herringbone
Side Purfling and Heal Cap - Maple
Case - Original Hard Case
Recommended String Gauge - Light Steel

Last edited by Galapogos17; 03-22-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Link
Old 03-19-2016, 07:16 PM

Someone will likely want you to post the price ($5599) here, as well as having it available by using the link to your Reverb listing.

That looks like a remarkable instrument! Wish I could justify that kind of expenditure right now...

Good luck with your sale.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:41 PM

Default Thanks Patrick!

NGD with my old guitar. Thanks for sending her back to me. This is one that got away that I wished I'd never sold. Not often you get to erase a regret. Thanks for making that possible. She still plays as great as she did when I sold her several years ago. For anyone not familiar with MJ Franks guitars, they are excellent.
Taylor: BTO W22ce Walnut
Charis: Baritone Spalted Mango/sitka
MJ Franks: OM-D Brazilian/adi

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
adirondack, brazilian rosewood, mike franks, orchestra