The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-01-2018, 01:04 PM

I've owned 6 different Eastmans. They have all been very good guitars. I still own a E10D, AC422SB, and a beautiful E40DSB. The E40 is amazing already, and can't wait to hear what sounds like down the road !

( @ )===:::
Old 12-01-2018, 02:37 PM

I have owned enough Eastman guitars to be a member in good standing for life, even if my (current) last one sells; the E8OM.

I have trouble adapting to the neck profiles. Very much a case of "it's not you, it's me." So there's always been a touch of regret letting them go.

Yes there is some satisfaction to buying an extremely affordable guitar of Eastman's quality. But it's more than that. Eastman has a tone of its own that I for one, really like.

If I can't sell it, the OM is my best guitar for comping jazz chords. In that one area, the neck and I get along. So keeping it won't be the worst outcome.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
I have owned enough Eastman guitars to be a member in good standing for life, even if my (current) last one sells; the E8OM.

I have trouble adapting to the neck profiles. Very much a case of "it's not you, it's me." So there's always been a touch of regret letting them go.

Yes there is some satisfaction to buying an extremely affordable guitar of Eastman's quality. But it's more than that. Eastman has a tone of its own that I for one, really like.

If I can't sell it, the OM is my best guitar for comping jazz chords. In that one area, the neck and I get along. So keeping it won't be the worst outcome.
Bummed to hear that. I'm one of those strange dudes that never seems to be bothered by neck shapes. I guess I'm lucky in that regard. I do have a fondness for the beefy baseball bat necks from back in the day and still own a few.

Love my Eastmans.

scott memmer
Old 12-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticjazz View Post
I just added a new (demo) E20OM-SB last week, and loving it. Great addition to my guitar stable. I also second the previous comment, I've owned a total of 7 Eastman acoustics, and the new one's keep getting better. In the next year my final Eastman acquisition will be an E10OO... cause I need another 12 fret of course
I'm the proud new owner of an Eastman E1OO-LTD.
As they were a limited run, I'm feeling very lucky as I may have purchased the last one available in Canada. After playing a dread all my life, I was interested in getting a parlour sized guitar. I went with a Blueride BR-341 first. It sounds amazing for it's size with sustain forever. But the nut was way too big, and the v-shaped neck too thick. So, it's up for sale.

The Eastman, with it's narrower nut, is doing the trick for me. The Adi Spruce top is very tight right now, but I know it will loosen up with time. And I am up for the challenge!!

Here's a pic:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154959...posted-public/
2016 Fender Deluxe Tele Thinline
2022 Michael Kelly 1953
2005 Vintage TC200
2024 Enya X3 Pro Mini
2017 Makala Baritone Uke
Old 12-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Awesome guitar, Warrior! I just purchased the same model for my daughter for Christmas, and it sounds great.

Here's my NGD post: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=532609
Old 12-27-2018, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Wow, you've got one lucky daughter!
Interesting that you didn't like the pickguard. You'll notice mine doesn't have one. I removed it as soon as I got it.
I like the 'no pg' look. But, the spruce top is soft, and I do like to strum. So, I picked up a pickguard blank from the local guitar shop and plan to add a clear one over the holidays.
2016 Fender Deluxe Tele Thinline
2022 Michael Kelly 1953
2005 Vintage TC200
2024 Enya X3 Pro Mini
2017 Makala Baritone Uke
Old 12-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

I have owned five Eastmen over the years, but currently don't have one. I am patiently waiting for the 12 fret version of an E10SS. My wife will never part with her AJ816 or AJ817-12.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:40 PM
Charter Member

I got an E20 00 SS 14 fret as part of a trade last year, and I liked it but with a couple of 14 fret dreads I didn't have a place for it.
Now that I'm firmly in the 12 fret camp with my Taylor 812E, I wanted another as a cheaper but still fine quality practice instrument, and looked at once to Eastman and bought an E10 00 M 12 fret. After playing it a couple of weeks, I've grown very fond of it. Nicely made, warm round tones with Monels, easy to play. A fuller, warmer sound than the E20 00, likely due to both the 12 fret and the all hog.
I think I'd like a little more dynamics, but I think swapping strings will help with that. A winner, at a very attractive price.

Last edited by jonbee; 12-28-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
There is a limited run of guitars: E1D, E2D, E1OM, E2OM. 130 guitars total. They have different specs than the more common Traditional Series models (E6, E8, E10, E20, E40). olhill's post on the previous page is one of the limited models, which is one reason it has the 1 11/16" nut width (even though Eastman's site quotes it at 1 3/4").
Hey there, I just picked up an E1om (which is fantastic by the way) - part of the reason I bought it is for the 1 3/4 nut width - just measured and it’s 13/4 with 1 1/2 string spacing at the nut and 2 3/16 at the saddle.

Pura Vida, May I ask where you got your information about these models and their measurements not reflecting the published specs? Not trying to be contrary but I’m probably not done buying eastmans and since I buy them online it would be a real drag to order and then find out the specs I’m using in my buying decisions are being misrepresented by Eastman...

Last edited by sublro; 12-29-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:11 AM

I also purchased a E100-LTD, my first 00 12 fret and I love it. I was lucky enough to buy it used right here in the Classifieds. I am so impressed with the sound and playability, the previous owner had a set up done. I have gone through a few string changes and have settled on D'Addario EXP phosphorus bronze, lights. I like the open pore mat finish, makes it good road gear, no worries about scratches or babying it. We are up a friends cottage for a few days over New Year's and it made it's first road trip up here with us.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublro View Post
Hey there, I just picked up an E1om (which is fantastic by the way) - part of the reason I bought it is for the 1 3/4 nut width - just measured and it’s 13/4 with 1 1/2 string spacing at the nut and 2 3/16 at the saddle.

Pura Vida, May I ask where you got your information about these models and their measurements not reflecting the published specs? Not trying to be contrary but I’m probably not done buying eastmans and since I buy them online it would be a real drag to order and then find out the specs I’m using in my buying decisions are being misrepresented by Eastman...
I didn't say they're *not* matching specs. I'm saying that all of my guitars *are* matching their specs. I own several Eastman guitars, and all of them are spot-on specs.

Another well-respected member here recently purchased a 00 guitar, but seems to have read the specs for another model, so he was disappointed and returned it (expecting a 1-13/16", when it was 1-11/16" as designed). He keeps posting about it, and I've been trying to help correct it, so he doesn't confuse others. The E1OO-LTD is 1-11/16", the E1OM is 1-3/4", and the E10OO (not to be confused with the E1OO-LTD) is 1-13/16" nut widths.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Lookin' good, Dave! I need to post some new photos, once I get the new guard installed. Probably in a couple of weeks, after I take it to my luthier for his inspection and setup. Trying to play out the strings that are on it, for now.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:51 PM

I have two Eastmans I don't see much talk about. You folks know a whole lot more about the Eastman's than I do, so appreciate any input.

I first bought the Eastman E2 OM, I see the E1 OM mentioned alot but little to no mention of the E2 OM, any opinions on this? I was trying to sell it but no one seems interested and I think it a nice guitar.

I bought an E10 OM, this is the one I play all the time, it has that bite I was looking for and plays and sounds great. I had a good friend do a setup on it and it was day and night difference in a very good way.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieb View Post
I have two Eastmans I don't see much talk about. You folks know a whole lot more about the Eastman's than I do, so appreciate any input.

I first bought the Eastman E2 OM, I see the E1 OM mentioned alot but little to no mention of the E2 OM, any opinions on this? I was trying to sell it but no one seems interested and I think it a nice guitar.

I bought an E10 OM, this is the one I play all the time, it has that bite I was looking for and plays and sounds great. I had a good friend do a setup on it and it was day and night difference in a very good way.
Charlie, are these older models? I don't keep up on everything.

thanks,
scott
Old 08-29-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Charlie, are these older models? I don't keep up on everything.

thanks,
scott
From what I gather, with the E2, the 2 is nomenclature for a cedar top, and I think that Eastman still makes this.
Cordoba SM-CE Mini Classical Acoustic
Ibanez Blazer 21 MIJ Stratocaster

2 Yamaha PSR-SX900 keyboards I play professionally
Roland FP-90 digital piano I play for pleasure with piano VSTs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion