The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 AM

Default acoustic boost and wiring problems

Hello everyone and greetings from Portugal...

I have 2 questions about my acoustic guitar, and i hope you can help me out or at least put me in the right track...

I have a gorgeous Tanglewood Sundance TW 45 and i use it primarily for gigs in a acoustic cover band with 2 guitars and 2 voices. I am the lead guitar player and i would like to boost my solos with a simple boost or eq. pedal instead of having to manually increase the volume knob each time i do a solo. Do you know any good pedal with a clean bypass tone that do this kind of job? The direct sound of the guitar is very good and i want the signal/sound to be as clear and as close to direct as possible with a boost pedal or eq. pedal.

The other question is about wiring. The wires of the pick up are to loose (i think) and if you shake the guitar, they bounce inside the body and make a tap noise (tok..tok..- hope you know what i mean). But the most important part is that when i play (by the way, the guitar has a very high natural volume) the vibration of the body on the guitar, due to the attack on the strings, makes a "resonance" inside the body. I thinking that the wires that are touching the wood inside the body, "jiggle" a bit and cause this annoying noise. Can you give me any tips in how can i solve this problem? maybe attach the wires with some kind of adhesive tape?

Thank you all in advance
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguerrero View Post
Hello everyone and greetings from Portugal...

I have 2 questions about my acoustic guitar, and i hope you can help me out or at least put me in the right track...

I have a gorgeous Tanglewood Sundance TW 45 and i use it primarily for gigs in a acoustic cover band with 2 guitars and 2 voices. I am the lead guitar player and i would like to boost my solos with a simple boost or eq. pedal instead of having to manually increase the volume knob each time i do a solo. Do you know any good pedal with a clean bypass tone that do this kind of job? The direct sound of the guitar is very good and i want the signal/sound to be as clear and as close to direct as possible with a boost pedal or eq. pedal.
Check out the Red-Eye Preamp. It is a high quality DI with a boost that you can adjust to taste. Once you set the amount of boost, it is just a matter of stepping on the foot switch. There is also a Treble knob that allows you to dial in some more top end sparkle if you want. There is also an effects loop. It can run on phantom power, which is a big plus. This would allow a sound that is as direct as possible (simple signal chain) with the features you want.

donh is a member here and he is a dealer for the Red-Eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguerrero View Post
The other question is about wiring. The wires of the pick up are to loose (i think) and if you shake the guitar, they bounce inside the body and make a tap noise (tok..tok..- hope you know what i mean). But the most important part is that when i play (by the way, the guitar has a very high natural volume) the vibration of the body on the guitar, due to the attack on the strings, makes a "resonance" inside the body. I thinking that the wires that are touching the wood inside the body, "jiggle" a bit and cause this annoying noise. Can you give me any tips in how can i solve this problem? maybe attach the wires with some kind of adhesive tape?

Thank you all in advance
Anything similar to these clips would work. Not sure where to get something like that in Portugal, however.

Best of luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair