The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 AM

Default Guild Gad-c3

DOES ANYONE HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS GUITAR? hAVE YOU PLAYED ONE? oPINIONS? ANYTHING ON THE C1 AND C2 MODELS? JUST REALIZED THE C3 IS A FLAMENCO.

Last edited by rick375; 11-19-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:26 AM

I have a C1 that I bought in August. My first nylon string. After a good setup it has been very fun to play. I am learning songs to play at my step daughters wedding in April. So, despite playing for 30 years the past 4 or 5 months has been the most intense acoustic period I have ever had. I'm also schooling myself on fingerstyle playing as well.

When shopping I compared the C1 to a Taylor hc24 and side by side the C1 was fuller sounding I also played a Takamine (I think the 132 model that retails about $400 more than the c1) and Cordoba that was close to the price point of the C1. I decided to go without a built in pup or cutaway and the C1 won out.

Didn't try a C3 as the small local store I bought the C1 didn't have any. Thought they do know. I think Guild has a C4 and C5 with built in pups also, but I have not seen or played them.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:26 PM

If Guild is using the design from their late, lamented Mark series in the new GAD classicals, and if the build quality is good, these will be hard classicals to beat in their price range. Those old Marks are terrific guitars.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:00 AM

I played a C3 once at a local guitar store and really liked it. It's a bit on the heavy built side, but not much. I like a lighter build with a more resonant box. But anyhow, good clear tone and intonation with reasonable volume. I would not consider it a flamenco guitar though; it was a very nice classical for the price. A flamenco guitar has more bark, snap and bite with a little buzziness. It also has a lower action than the C3.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical