The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-08-2018, 01:01 PM

Just a tad over your price range, but for your purposes you might want to look into a Seymour Duncan Woody HC (Hum cancelling) soundhole pickup.

The electronics were going a bit futzy on one of my guitars and rather than repair or replace them I bought the Woody instead.
I plugged it into my amp, also a Fishman Artist, and it sounded like my guitar.

No muss, no fuss, no installing, no batteries, no fiddling with the pickup setting (it ain't got none)...Just stick it in the sound hole, plug it in, adjust the settings on your amp, and play.

Plus, as you mentioned, you can move it from one guitar to another.

Caveat: I've only used this in my home so far, but the lead singer in a band I performed with for many years had a simple passive pickup in her guitar. Never once had a problem with it.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly View Post
I think you you email Jessie at JJB and let him know what happened, he would be able to help you out with that.
Jessie took care of it, if you read AGF, thanks for the great service. The pickup came in today, I'll install it tomorrow.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 12-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Default We shall see

I got the JJB in the mail yesterday and, with six inches of snow on the ground and at least six more to follow today, no reason I can't get it installed. Then I plug it into the loudbox and find out whether a preamp is needed. Hope not - I'll let you know.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Default works fine without preamp

Installed JJB unit and volume control with very little drama. Works fine direct into Loudbox Artist at least at "in my office" volume.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification