The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Default Trio

My little trio (me bass, female singer, and guitarist) use a drum machine on 95% of our songs. The thing is, I programmed ALL of the patterns we use except for a standard 'country pattern'. I turned off "Quantize" which is what makes it sound more stale. But all of those patterns are my playing and my bass player brain. Honestly, it's the best drummer I've ever played with. Easy to get a super tight rhythm section .....
Old 12-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

I recently bought a Boss RC3 which I plan to use for practice and jamming. I doubt I'll ever use it live. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the footswitch. I have 2 external foot switches connected to it and I was under the impression I could use them to start & stop. So far it appears 1 will start/stop the rhythm and the other banks up/down . I guess I'll have to actually read the manual on this one. Doh!
Old 12-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive-south View Post
I recently bought a Boss RC3 which I plan to use for practice and jamming. I doubt I'll ever use it live. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the footswitch. I have 2 external foot switches connected to it and I was under the impression I could use them to start & stop. So far it appears 1 will start/stop the rhythm and the other banks up/down . I guess I'll have to actually read the manual on this one. Doh!
The manual helps a bunch.

I purchased a RC-1 because it had all the features I wanted (...especially simplicity, and the sequenced rotating loop position / status indication is totally cool...) but I knew from research that I would require at least the stop function. I went ahead and made a two button foot switch so I could use the stop button for silent loop erasing (without the 2 second preview) and the right button is handy to stop or re-start the latest additional looped track. I use it exclusively as a practice tool and find it's great fun. I wouldn't want a single button looper or the ones with more features.

...and why are Zombie threads answered?

Old 12-07-2018, 03:33 PM

Cool Loopers With Backing Track Ability & More

Why not both , there are units that do this . I have a T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3X ,
it does that and more , it can also record your live performance too .

It's a great time for a soloist to be alive .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification