The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Default Need Help With Order of Pedals

I usually play acoustically, but I want to do some looping, so I got some pedals and now I am not sure if I am connecting everything in the correct order. I would really appreciate some help from you folks with more electric experience.

What order should I connect the following?
Guitar with K&K Pickup
- Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
- Fishman Spectrum Aura Plus
- Ditto X2 Looper
- Red-Eye Preamplifier
Fishman Loudbox Artist Amplifier

Thanks!!!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:12 PM

If the tuner provides the ability to mute your signal when you need it, it should go in front;

Boss TU-3
Red Eye
Red Eye effects loop send to >Spectrum> then to Ditto>to Red Eye effects return > to your amp

the first 2 are likely interchangeable but the rest should be in that order to feed the clean gain to the effects. Folks who play electric guitars also like running the Red Eye in front of their effects. it just does magic to the top of the signal.

This would be my signal chain anyway
Old 12-03-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
If the tuner provides the ability to mute your signal when you need it, it should go in front;

Boss TU-3
Red Eye
Red Eye effects loop send to >Spectrum> then to Ditto>to Red Eye effects return > to your amp

the first 2 are likely interchangeable but the rest should be in that order to feed the clean gain to the effects. Folks who play electric guitars also like running the Red Eye in front of their effects. it just does magic to the top of the signal.

This would be my signal chain anyway
Thank you Sean, this is very helpful!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification