The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-22-2018, 11:54 AM

Default Can the bose s1 be quiet and just use the line out?

I play mostly at home. Bose S1 is overkill for my needs but it seems like a nice piece of gear. Can i practise with it turned fully down and still feed a mixer (I have one) where I could have earphones....or record by connecting it to a soundcard with the speaker quiet?

I get 10% tomorrow, making it the same price as a loudbox mini charge (that I don't like the weight of). Even if I practise at home I want the battery option.

I can buy ít localy on the swedish countryside (I can't get a loudbox mini charge here).

Would it make sense to buy it for home practise? It can funcion as a bluetooth speaker also (I don't own one).

I dream of busking but will probably never dare (yes I can both play and sing)
Old 11-22-2018, 03:19 PM

Default Likely redundant

If you have a mixer then for your purposes you don't need the S1. Plug a mic and guitar into the mixer,plug a headset or earbuds into the mixer headphone out and you are good to go. I just saved you $ 749 Canadian plus tax

2015 Larrivee OM40 WL
2015 Seagull Performer Mini Jumbo Q1T
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Yamaha DBR10 powered speakers
Behringer XR12 digital mixer
M Audio Bass Traveller headamps with Shure IEM's
Old 11-22-2018, 03:54 PM

The channel volumes are reflected at the output jack. If you have the volume way down, you’ll have little signal going to your mixer.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:20 AM

Generally speaking, I am not exactly intuitive with electronics..but.....
I have the S1 pro and mixer. I plug into the mixer with mic and guitar then out to speaker. Then I turn the speaker (Si Pro) off, or volume all to way down, and plug headphones into mixer and have headphones only.
Regardless of if you need the Bose or not, it is a very nice speaker. Perhaps playing thru it will motivate you to play outside

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification