The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM

Default New to forum,need help on pickup system

Well i am new to this forum so this is my first post! I just bought a Morgan dm and it needs electronics for gigging it. It has a bband a1.2 ust in it but I don't feel this is giving me the "acousticness" of the instrument. I know bband has a v2.2 w/ast + ust but am not sure this will give me what I am looking for. Am also considering a lr baggs dual source w/ the mic. Any suggestions? thanks!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 PM

Hey there,
welcome to the forum,
The B Band single source has never "done it" for me on its own either.
You could upgrade to the A2.2, but that would mean another preamp as well as the AST.
What kind of gigs will you be doing?? This will influence the system that will best suit you
I, Quite successfully blend my 314 which has a b band system in it with a Baggs M1 with the pole pieces right down (which brings out a lot more body sound). This combo sounds really good. You get heaps of body sound from the M1 and feedback resistance, but also the Thickness of the B Band UST. Simple to do, all you have to do is install it in the sound hole, and plug it in. You might even be able to find a shop that will let you try it out blending it with the b band before you buy it.
If you are not happy with the B Band UST at all, you might have to look at another system all together.
I would recommend;
D Tar Multisource ( Mic and UST)
LR Baggs Imix ( UST & IBeam, Or I Beam & M1)
K&K Trinity system or Powermix trinity

Welcome to the long road to find the perfect pickup. Its like fools gold!!!!

Jasko
Taylor 110 w/ Dtar Wavelength & JJB 330
Blueridge BR-361
S.Yairi 1978 Rosewood/ Spruce Classical

1 Tiny Baby All Solid KOA Tennor UKE w/ Shadow UST
Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM

I am playing at church(s) runnning to a di box straight into a pa system usually with band(bass, e guitar, keys, piano, drums, 4+ vocals, percussion, etc). I feel current system in guitar leaves lots to be desired and I don't want to keep changing it chasing some "elusive" tone. But I probably will.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification