The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-20-2018, 05:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Congratulations on your new Tele!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
Love it!

I got a 2017 USA Fender Professional strat. The finish is so soft on the back of the maple neck. I never felt such a finish before. It does seem to be a tad thicker than the too skinny for me, Fender C.

I would love to get it's tele cousin. Fender has really upped its game (and prices). Are you glad you didn't get the compound radius Elite? What a tele!
The deep C neck is dreamy. I came very close to buying a professional Strat, also in natural Ash. It was an outstanding guitar.

I agree the new Fenders are exceptional, and in particular, the professional series. They are expensive, but worth it to me.

I was fully prepared to spend the extra for an Elite, but of the few I played, none of them were speaking to me. In all honesty, I liked the professional sound better. Everything about the professional spoke to me. Of course the money saved didn't hurt either. LOL

I'm loving this Tele more and more everyday.

Thanks a bunch, and congrats on your Strat. Just like you, I would love to have both!
Old 04-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

The improvements are really nice. And that polyblend finish on the back and rolled edges is so soft. I have never felt anything like it. I just bought a new maple PRO strat neck with tuners for $480 on eBay from the stratosphere. The new 6105 frets, bone nut, and ease of play - straight 9.5" radius - is orders of magnitude above all the Standards and Deluxe's I have had. I am also going to get the PRO tele neck but in rosewood from Stratosphere... I keep building these partcasters. Or if I see your model tele come up that might push me over the edge. Yours looks so fine!

Oh and if you get the strat the trem has a pop in arm that finally works like a dream (Think $200 Johnny Mann strat replacement bridge quality). It is a firm in and out with no weird threads or any slop in movement.

Glad to see Fender has evolved with a lot of new design enhancements.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickcity View Post
After running several American professional Teles through the gauntlet, the natural finish, Ash body won the day. It had the best neck, and is very lightweight. Absolutely phenomenal guitar, and the pickups are giving me a lot of great tones. I really like it.

I will take some better pics when I get a chance. Attachment 7103
That's a beautiful guitar!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
The improvements are really nice. And that polyblend finish on the back and rolled edges is so soft. I have never felt anything like it. I just bought a new maple PRO strat neck with tuners for $480 on eBay from the stratosphere. The new 6105 frets, bone nut, and ease of play - straight 9.5" radius - is orders of magnitude above all the Standards and Deluxe's I have had. I am also going to get the PRO tele neck but in rosewood from Stratosphere... I keep building these partcasters. Or if I see your model tele come up that might push me over the edge. Yours looks so fine!
Thanks! I'm starting to think its the best guitar I've ever played. It has the best neck ever. All of the upgrades from the standard are very real improvements, IMO. It has so much versatility. I couldn't be happier with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwguitar View Post
That's a beautiful guitar!
Thank you!
Old 04-30-2018, 07:00 PM

great to hear

I love my US Strat. Saving for a US Tele, sold mine...sigh.

I have a classic vibe tele in butterscotch, its incredible. Yours must just sing.

Happy for you, sincerely.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
great to hear

I love my US Strat. Saving for a US Tele, sold mine...sigh.

I have a classic vibe tele in butterscotch, its incredible. Yours must just sing.

Happy for you, sincerely.
Thank you! Yes it resonates for days!

You can't go wrong with the professional.

The CV Teles are monster guitars. No matter what the headstock says or the price point. A great guitar is a great guitar!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickcity View Post
After running several American professional Teles through the gauntlet, the natural finish, Ash body won the day. It had the best neck, and is very lightweight. Absolutely phenomenal guitar, and the pickups are giving me a lot of great tones. I really like it. ...snip...
Congrats on a beautiful Tele! That case is gorgeous too, is it stock? With its Ash body and Fender USA Tele pickups I bet it sustains forever (especially on the center [both] pickup setting). Play on!

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 AM

Cool! Got the same one hiding in the closet for my son's birthday next week. The wood on these guitars look great. I can't wait for him to get it out. I'm more excited than him.

I still need to join tapntalk or something to get some pics up. Hadn't figured that out yet. Still working on that. Congrats. Keep us posted on anything you do to it ...
Old 05-11-2018, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
Congrats on a beautiful Tele! That case is gorgeous too, is it stock? With its Ash body and Fender USA Tele pickups I bet it sustains forever (especially on the center [both] pickup setting). Play on!
Thank you! Yes the professional series comes with the Elite case, a nice touch. I like everything about it. The ash body is light and yes, it resonates for days. I find all of the upgrades from the standard to be real improvements, and I speak from a good deal of experience with the standards. Bone nut, tall narrow custom shop frets (LOVE these), cut and compensated brass barrel saddles (which also contribute to added sustain, they claim, and I agree), and they went with the classic vintage pickups that still have that classic Tele twang and can also add warmth. Each position is its own entity. I find it to be remarkably versatile, and the deep C neck carve is probably the best I've ever felt.

The honeymoon is practically over, so I'm not just saying this, but I believe this is my favorite electric guitar that I've owned. I like it more every time I play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed1894 View Post
Cool! Got the same one hiding in the closet for my son's birthday next week. The wood on these guitars look great. I can't wait for him to get it out. I'm more excited than him.

I still need to join tapntalk or something to get some pics up. Hadn't figured that out yet. Still working on that. Congrats. Keep us posted on anything you do to it ...
You're a good Dad! He will be ecstatic. I know I would be. Yes, I know the feeling of being super excited giving to my son. He is only 4, but this past Christmas I gave him a drum set, and a pile of other fun stuff, and I was just as excited as he was on Christmas eve, and morning. LOL...Good times, my friend.

I really love the natural ash. I haven't yet figured out how to capture it in a photo that truly does it justice. It is gorgeous.

Thank you!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 PM

Default Fender American Tele

Very nice !!

BahPa

2015 Taylor GS-Mini Hog
2002 Martin 000-18 Sunburst
2005 Martin 000-28
2011 Martin 0-12VS
1972 Ovation 12 string
2015 Fender P-Bass Sunburst
2008 Fender Tele Thinline
2011 Fender Tele Sunburst
1998 Washburn BT-9
Old 05-14-2018, 05:48 PM

congrats!

yes, teles are somewhat of an enigma, you either love them greatly or don't like the pickups or the 3 way selector or lack of tummy cut, or that you have to work it....

i have a 58 american vintage in aged white on ash. like you, i played quite a few different teles until this one sang to me.

enjoy!

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 05-14-2018, 07:32 PM

Awesome! Ya'll are cracking me up. Every NGD post seems to be a Tele!. Good on all of you!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Awesome! Ya'll are cracking me up. Every NGD post seems to be a Tele!. Good on all of you!
Thanks! I've owned a slew of Teles over the years, and can hardly remember not having at least one in the stable. This American pro is the best one I've ever owned.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:16 PM

I love my Stratocaster but my Telecaster has been my go to electric for some time now.

Last edited by Steel and wood; 05-15-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:51 PM

Enjoy. I recently picked up a new Am. Pro. Tele as well. I also went in thinking Butterscotch, but ended up walking out with a black one (it was the winner of all I tried, although they all were pretty consistently good).

Totally digging it, all the classic Tele goodness with a few very subtle improvements as well.

Later
Rob

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars