The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-22-2018, 01:47 PM
Charter Member

I have a couple of guitars with Piezo bridges. They emulate a decent acoustic tone, given all the variables you can have in a live situation. Will you EVER convince anyone you're playing an acoustic? Nope. You are quite obviously playing an electric guitar, they eyes will often fool the ears. And, at least in a band situation, there's so much going on that I think you're just looking for a certain sound in the mix. For me, it works. An example is the opening strumming "riff" in "Listen to the Music", which I think sounds just dandy on my Piezo-only setting. It's a flavor and for me, it works. Sometimes I want to mix in a little of the magnetic pickups, and I can do that. Lots of tonal options.

Would I use it at a solo acoustic gig? Nope. But for me it is another tool in the toolbox.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars