The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 AM

Default Doerr Solace - Sinker Redwood and Cocobolo - SOLD

For sale is a Doerr Solace standard series that was finished and delivered to me in the Summer of 2017. It has a sinker redwood top and cocobolo back and sides. The binding, bevel, rosette, and headstock are macassar ebony. Back of the headstock is cocobolo. Soundhole is bound in ebony. I had heard that Tom's stash of sinker redwood had come from Kevin Ryan but never asked Tom if this one came from Kevin, but he did tell me this top's "sibling" was on a Ryan Nightingale and sent me a photo to show how it would look finished. Just a cool little detail. I also believe this is the first, and currently the only, sinker redwood topped Doerr that has been built since Tom's voicing training with Somogyi. It is in the same condition it was in when delivered to me straight from Tom...just like new. It has been absolutely babied and humidity kept between 45-55% at all times.

Nut width: 1.75"
String spacing: 2.25"
Scale: 25.4"

If I'm missing any specs or details, please let me know. I sold all of my guitars to have this one built and have absolutely loved every minute of owning it. I planned to dive heavily into fingerstyle when I had this one built and that just hasn't happened. I like to play and sing with my son at home and I just struggle to do that with the depth and amazing overtones that come out of this guitar, so I'm sadly selling it to move to something with fewer overtones. I've had it in mind to sell it for a year, but nothing I played from many boutique builders could come close, until now, and I played A LOT of nice guitars. My wife of all people doesn't want me to sell it, but I found "the one" yesterday that matches the Doerr in tone and playability and has the sound I'm looking for...but definitely falls short in aesthetics. This guitar is absolutely special and just gives me chills in DADGAD. I just wish I could add to it instead of selling it, but that's not possible right now.

Price dropped to a firm SOLD plus shipping (overnight or 2 day fully insured). No trades, need to sell to buy one I have my eye on. I live north of Atlanta near Lake Lanier and don't mind making a reasonable drive to meet.
Searching for the right Esteban...

Last edited by volman; 03-25-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Dropped price
Old 03-24-2019, 08:43 AM

Beautiful guitar! GLWS!
Yes, I can confirm the conversation on the sinker redwood stash which Tom had from Kevin Ryan......it was one of the considerations in my own build in '13-14. Ultimately, I opted for LS Redwood (Tom's last set) and the same combo of Cocobolo, but I must say it was a close decision as Tom was really hot on both the LS and the sinker he had in stock! Tom has built with redwood for a long time and knows how to work with this tonewood.
I'll be this guitar moves pretty fast for you!! Would love to see your next purchase of that special guitar and what you found!!
Regards,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 03-24-2019, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

That’s some of the best looking Cocobolo I’ve ever seen.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 03-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
That’s some of the best looking Cocobolo I’ve ever seen.
Indeed! Beautiful straight grain stuff! Quartersawn. And that redwood isn't too shabby either! Wonderful guitar! Somebody's gonna be a happy camper!
Steve
Old 03-24-2019, 09:08 PM

Here's a recent photo that shows the bevel. Had someone ask for this since it's hard to see in the photos above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190324_225933_resized.jpg (46.8 KB, 206 views)
Old 03-25-2019, 01:40 PM

Dropped the price to $5000 plus shipping. That's my absolute bottom price. Trying to sell quick to get another one before it's gone.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars