The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-10-2019, 09:20 AM

Default Amp selection for violin and guitar? Fishman, Acus, Boss?

Hi,
I apologize for my google English language.
I need advice. I am the owner of the Crate CA6110DG acoustic amp.
I play electro-acoustic guitar and violin. Clubs, churches, or larger spaces, where I would of course from the amp. sent the signal to PA.
I want to exchange amp.
I have a few questions.

1. I am now rich enough and with a spare 60W amp, so will I need 60W even with the new (smaller) amp?

2. I picked Fishman loudbox mini or artist into my selection. I do not know if my violin microphone will work Ovid https://www.thomann.de/cz/the_tbone_...tem_cc_100.htm
My microphone has a 48V phantom but combo fishman provides just 24V, will it work? Does anyone have experience?

3. I chose my choice from the aforementioned Fishman Artist, Acus Simon-6T Wood (but here I'm afraid it's just a reverb and not a good reverb according to reviews). Boss ACS Acoustic Singer Live? I know it's also the Boss ACS Acoustic Singer Pro 120W, but it's quite expensive.

What do you recommend? Make good sound primarily for guitar and violin. Singing is an extra bonus, and much less will be used on singing.

Thanks for all the advice

Last edited by Mutislav; 02-10-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:36 PM

Schertler is known for their very clean sound and is favored by many guitarists, violinists, cellists etc... vocals are exceptional as well. There’s one or two violin dealers that handle Schertler if you check their website you can get their opinion. They make several different amps that would fit your need.

https://www.schertler.com/en_US/shop/amplifiers
Old 02-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Charter Member

LR Baggs Synapse but its obtainable price of $1799 is a non-starter for most players but being that you're unencumbered by that restriction, please check it out.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 PM

Thanks for your suggestions but you are out of my financial possibilities. As a maximum limit I would have 650 to 700 dollars
Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 AM

perhaps a used aer compact 60. as long as
your not singing thru it.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:53 AM

And out of the options I mentioned, do not recommend anything to me? Comparison of Fishman loudbox artist, Boss Acoustic live singer, Acus Simon-6T Wood. ???
I know it's AER compact 60 and it's playing well. (my colleague has it). However, I want new items at this price. $ 650 to $ 700 at most.
Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification