The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Default ParaEQ vs. Q-Strip?

Has anyone had the chance to try out both the Empress ParaEQ and the Tech21 Q-Strip and do a comparison?
Both have similar features but might sound slightly different with an acoustic guitar.

I’m looking for a device to tone shape the tonedexterized sound of my guitar.

Opinions?
Old 02-10-2019, 04:57 PM

I only have experience with the Q\Strip, but it is wonderful. The Q\Strip sounds very much like a high end board EQ. The more strongly you boost or cut, the more Q you get. It is phantom powereable. If you use a battery it sips power. Like all Tech21 devices, you can run the battery until the LED barely illuminates and it will sound great until the end. Bypassed it makes a great active DI. Plenty of gain for passive pickups. Two sweepable mids. High pass filter. I really love mine!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I only have experience with the Q\Strip, but it is wonderful. The Q\Strip sounds very much like a high end board EQ. The more strongly you boost or cut, the more Q you get. It is phantom powereable. If you use a battery it sips power. Like all Tech21 devices, you can run the battery until the LED barely illuminates and it will sound great until the end. Bypassed it makes a great active DI. Plenty of gain for passive pickups. Two sweepable mids. High pass filter. I really love mine!

Thanks! That sounds like a superb device. I’ve read about the ‘variable’ Q idea and really like it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification