The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
My guess is all first tier cameras including Apple's will have USB-C connections soon. Something not understood by many is the Lightening cable was not just a stronger design but part of an encryption and security schema. It addressed security and durability that was not available with a micro USB. There's an approx 33 page white paper out there for anyone interested in knowing it was not just a money grab.
Yes, most are going this way. New Samsungs (9 series) are using USB C.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:14 AM

I'm still using my one and only smart phone which is a Samsung S5 for almost 5 years now. I've got a 60 gig SD card installed and with a ton of music and 3K pics only using 20 gigs.

I use this phone exactly the same as you describe and this is a no brainer to me for you to make that purchase.

The batteries are also replaceable.

I have also been using the same Truent brand cheap covers off Amazon with no issues.
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}
Old 02-02-2019, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengr View Post
We have had various brands over the years including one Samsung. That was also the only phone to ever die, taking important vacation photos with it.
Now I'm not under any delusion that any of these phone makers are much different, but no more Samsung for us.
I've had two die on me, after about 18 months - obviously, the manufacturers use sub-par components so they don't last any longer than necessary. Which is good business in a sense, and I once read that the technology to make everlasting light-bulbs was always an option (titanium element?), but it was in the manufacturers interest for them to need replacing etc. Same with the fashion industry, which thrives on people 'needing' this seasons 'look'...and we're right back to phones

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic