The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-14-2024, 07:21 PM

Default Home Studio - Post Treatment Tour

I just finished fitting out a little basement room with treatment. All of my info came from the good folks on this forum for advice and pointing me to a wealth of info on the archive page.

I have posted a quick video tour below which starts with a space plan and spec sheet. I pretty much followed the classic design plans you all shared, working around my furniture etc. I made all the traps using safeNsound, cheap 1x6's "premium" Home depot yard fabric.. I got the Polydiffusers from GIK. They are awesome to work with and easy pick up in atlanta.

Now ive got to figure out where the best "general" spot is to record and track vocals/ acoustic guitar. Generally speaking it will be the front 3rd of the room, i think. but any advice on that front would be great. Obviously i will test by good ole trail and error working within the location of the treatment setup, but would love any advice as to how to use my ref mic to identify a general “good spot” and then start doing the acoustic guitar- angles and mic game in that pocket. Any tips?

There is alot out there on how test the room for monitor placement / treatment but obviously this element is more dynamic and havnt come across much on this

Aside: I built this really cool iso box for my guitar amp last year, which started this wholeee thing. you can see Its bulky and messes up my symmetry so still working on monitors adjusting for that, but gotta have it. I can crank my tube amp and u can hardly hear a thing. That was a real trail/error adventure if anyone interested in that project. It Works!!

Video tour including plans and specs:
https://youtu.be/3GYjMNG80Og

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD