The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 11-27-2010, 03:57 AM

Smile Electric guitar nut width 1 3/4"

Hello All,
I am acoustics but would like to try using electric 6 strings. I have a beater electric guitar 'White ' that has the same nut width as my acoustic guitsr.
I am used to strings with 1 3.4" nut ( Martin oM, Martin Fingerstyle I, Taylor 914 ).
A couple years back I bought a Prs semi hollowbody and it sounded really really good. But I sold it. Now I would like to try but I have a few concerns.
1. Would I be better off looking for an electric guitar that has the same nut width as 1 3.4" .
2. What would be a comprobalbe electric as the PRS ? PRS does not have a wide nutwidth , I think.

Thanks for helping
charles
Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Hi Charles, Welcome. I would post this question in the Electric section. The fellows that hang in "that room" know their stuff.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:38 AM

If you had something with a bolt on neck (like a Fender) Warmoth could make that neck for you. I love their necks with the compound radius, 10" at the nut, 16" at the heel.

You could, theoretically, buy a loaded body on ebay, and have a neck made. Talk to Warmoth first, they are great.

http://warmoth.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair