The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-09-2016, 06:58 PM

Smile Loving my LR Baggs anthem BUT,:

I got my Luther to take out my anthem from my Martin DX1 and put it in my James Neligan Ezra Dreadnought.

The Ezra is solid cedar top and Sapelle back and sides.
The anthem sounded wonderful with the cedar top.
I can't believe how natural and warm the guitar sounds.

The only problem was when I attempted to change the 9v battery the anthem itself fell off the sound hole. What is the best adhesive to hold it in.,?
Other then that I love the Baggs Anthem so much I never want to go back to the piezzo quack.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 PM

I would email LR Baggs support and ask them to send you the very adhesive tape they use. They will be glad to do that. Regular double sided tape works just fine if it is cut to near the shape. Let them know which version you have between the full version or the SL.

Question. Did your luthier properly clean the surface and use fresh double sided tape or did he try to use the same tape that was on the other guitar? Sorry, had to ask.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 04-09-2016, 11:07 PM

Yes. Just email Baggs customer support and they'll send you new adhesive for no charge.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:14 AM
Charter Member

Had that happen with my 12 string and Baggs shipped me a bunch for free... shouldn't happen, though, unless you're whacking it around a bunch...

Probably just not fully secured after the "transplant" from one guitar to the other...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 04-10-2016, 01:13 AM

Thanks guys, I will email LRBaggs.

Just to say when it was working in was loving the sound even more when I changed guitars.
Whether the solid cedar top and sappele back and sides helped.
The Martin guitar I had it on previously was the entry level Martin DX1 RAE though it was Solid Spruce top the back and sidss was made of that HPL stuff , it sounded OK.

But when I transferred it to the cheaper James neligan ezra D , solid cedar top the sound was so much more warmer and open.

Though I had to raise the volume bit with the Anthem it sounded fine without adding any preamp as such.

When the anthem came off the sound hole I went back to using my other guitar and the piezo quack on the non anthem pick up was annoying I was missing the Anthem sound.
I found the LR Baggs anthem went well with my voice , the whole tone was much more natural.

I cant wait to get it fixed up.

This was the full anthem not the anthem SL.

Dave

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification