The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-14-2017, 08:03 PM

Default ZOOM A3 or AURA SPECTRUM + TC FX

Im using a Tone Bone PZ PRE for my eq and di and using Giga Delay and Hall Of Fame Reverb along with ZOOM A3 for my acoustic set up.Suffice to say I like to experiment with ambience.However Im thinking about replacing my ZOOM with my Spectrum Aura which I spent a fortune on but dont use at the moment.I have just purchased TC Corona Chorus so to replace the Zoom fx I would use the Hall of Fame - Giga Delay - Corona Chorus as I think the aura may add a little warmth.Im using a Tommy Emmanuel bluegrass style Maton with mic and piezo blend pickup.
Im after some constructive advice and opinion on using the Aura Spectrum with mic blend pick up sysyem on guitar and if anyone has any advice on a good imaging / mic type for the Aura settings.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

I had a Zoom A3 and sold it and got the Aura Spectrum, I think it's a lot more natural sounding. However, I'm selling that too and just sticking with good pre-amps for acoustic and vocals and calling it a day. I have it listed in the classifieds, PM me and I'll make you a deal.
2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's
Old 06-17-2017, 12:07 AM

Thanx for your reply ,I have the PZ PRE for my DI which is the best I've ever tried and Ive tried alot.I am going to try replacing the ZOOM with the Spectrum and use my giga delay hall of fame reverb and corona chorus for extra options.At first I liked the idea of having alot of presets on the ZOOM but after a while I realised I was just using the one preset anyway and the compression is handy to have on the spectrum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
aura spectrum settings