The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
If you were really concerned about power consumption; for example running the amp off a battery and inverter, 20% is roughly double the likely average power (10:1 peak to average means for undistorted peaks, the average will be around 10%). 2:1 margin is a reasonable safety factor for a battery where deep discharge could damage it.

Power consumption at 20% power output is a relatively wide spread way to spec audio equipment that is not meant to distort.

If you are curious, check out QSC data sheets. Power consumption at 20% rated output is the only way they bring rationality back to their marketing of "continuous" power numbers that would melt down the speaker and be unsustainable from a 15 amp 120VAC outlet.
Interesting that QSC does this. Thanks for the info, I've never heard of this.

Did you ever run the Bugera via your inverter/battery set? Was it okay noise floor wise? Any run time surprises?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
Did you ever run the Bugera via your inverter/battery set? Was it okay noise floor wise? Any run time surprises?
No I did not, but I did notice it ran very cool which indicates the power consumption is low. I believe the Bugera has a Class-D switching power amp and the AER a class A-B analog power amp. The Bugera has a universal power supply which also indicates that is an efficient switcher too. The Bugera is going to consume less power as a result (in any rational usage mode except full blast distorted electric guitar where A-B might win by a hair) and would be a fine choice for an inverter plus battery.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-20-2021, 05:08 AM

Hi,
I'm waking up this old Bugera AC60 thread as I have this amp on my possible-buy list. I have questions about the send-return loop, and the question is if the return jack can be used as an extra input without affecting the built-in effects? And is this line-level or instrument level?

My application would be to input a passive wooden stomp-box, running through an EQ pedal giving both a level boost and allowing cutting some low-low frequencies, into the return jack to be mixed with my guitar and vocals. Would this work?

Thanks!
/Per
Old 06-08-2023, 12:11 PM

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am trying to find out whether the DI out is pre- or post-effects. In general, what do people think of these compared with the Loudbox Mini, Fender 100, etc.?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification