The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-29-2023, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

So glad you're so pleased with your new guitar.

I have always felt that nothing beats the HD-28 and the D-18 for Martin dread tone(s).
Old 05-29-2023, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinep7 View Post
But I will definitely say game changing. The HD-28 is a game changer. Full stop. I may have to quit my day job (again). I am pretty much useless from here on out for anything besides guitar playing. :-)

I like my D-18 enough to have it as my only acoustic guitar; but I can't feel the way you feel. I'm jealous.

Quote:
And it's only Day 2.
Ok, I see. It's _ONLY_ day 2. Come back after a week; and you'll be all normal again.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=janinep7;7258898]This just the current lineup; a work in progress. I don't have a full team under contract yet. Not sure what the batting order is going to be. But the HD-28 could very well end up being my "Mr. October." I (heart) the old time Oakland A's. Go Reggie Jackson!!![/QUTE]

It's funny what binds people together. The guitar and baseball analogy works for me! I was born in 64 and grew up watching the Reds. It reminded me of a time I was chatting with Pete Rose's son, and told him watching his dad's team back in the day was much like what I'd expect growing up watching the Beatles was like. Just a different level above what was already amazing.

I passed on my passion for sports to my son and he and his wife made a trip to Oakland last weekend so they could experience that before they move on to Vegas. So your comment resonated with me. As has your experience with your new HD-28. It is a level above an experience that has already been amazing!
Old 05-30-2023, 02:38 AM
Charter Member

This is lovely to hear! Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2023, 06:32 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Good grief! Designated Hitter? Long relief/short relief? Pinch runners?
You are going to have to expand your dugout!
Dang it! Yep. Gonna have to get a bigger dugout! And what about Charlie-O, the team mascot? Where's the mule supposed to live?
Old 05-30-2023, 06:33 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBman View Post
I know the feeling. 6 months after getting my HD-28, the sound of it will cross my mind and I'll put the TV show I'm watching on pause just so I can go hear it again. "Exquisite" is the word that pops into my mind when I want to describe it.

Congrats!! It's a great feeling to fall in love again with something you love to do.
This is the equivalent of just calling your sweetie to say "I love you." :0) You don't need a reason.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:35 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraDuncan View Post
Can't argue! I recently ordered the NT neck shim kit they sell and did a reset on my 310CE after owning it for 23 years.

It was really good before hand. It is now great.

I'd also like to add Larrivée to the conversation, simply due to the fact that when I got my first Larrivée in February this year, I had no idea how much of an impact it would have on me as a player.

It simply gets out of the way and encourages me to try to play in ways I haven't played before.
Larrivée in the house! In spite of our heavy bias toward Martin around here, we are actually brand agnostic. All guitars and all guitar lovers are welcome to quit their jobs and join in.
Old 05-30-2023, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Dang it! Yep. Gonna have to get a bigger dugout! And what about Charlie-O, the team mascot? Where's the mule supposed to live?
I'm waiting on the appearance of an electric axe in your lineup ;-).

Nice new sig Janine!
Old 05-30-2023, 08:01 AM

When I was younger, so much young than today I would leave any new to me guitar out on a stand at night so it was the last thing I saw before falling asleep and the first upon waking. I would love to recapture that feeling but I just cannot seem to conjure up that kind of emotion any longer. So, if you don't mind, I will live vicariously through you. But you will know you own a life altering guitar when ten years down the road every time you pull it from its case it is like hearing the guitar for the first time and you utter a silent "whoa".
Old 05-30-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Larrivée in the house! In spite of our heavy bias toward Martin around here, we are actually brand agnostic. All guitars and all guitar lovers are welcome to quit their jobs and join in.
I can't quit yet! I just accepted an offer from a company and will be starting next Monday. Hopeful I'll have a positive impact on the bottom line and daily operations.
2000 Walnut/Purpleheart/Bol RW "Les Paul"
98 Larrivée C-05 sitka/mahogany florentine.
95 Breedlove SC Cedar/EIRW
Bedell TBCE-18-G

Daedalus Audio C81
Rane AP13
Genz Benz Shenandoah 100
Fishman Loudbox 100 & Acoustic Performer Pro
Boss RC-50
Old 05-30-2023, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

p.s. "life changing" is a fine statement by me. Bringing music back into my life has been that, and as I mostly don't buy guitars that aren't special to me, the keepers all qualify as life changing :-) 🤘. The ones I've trialed have also left lasting impressions!

Hopefully my bench gets deeper as I start building, and some will move along, to change others' lives.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:04 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
When I was younger, so much young than today I would leave any new to me guitar out on a stand at night so it was the last thing I saw before falling asleep and the first upon waking. I would love to recapture that feeling but I just cannot seem to conjure up that kind of emotion any longer. So, if you don't mind, I will live vicariously through you. But you will know you own a life altering guitar when ten years down the road every time you pull it from its case it is like hearing the guitar for the first time and you utter a silent "whoa".
Quick! Someone call 9-1-1! I've got a person who needs GPR right now. (Guitar Passion Resuscitation)

Does it count as a silent "Whoa!" if you kiss your fingers then touch the guitar every time you pass by it? (That sounds vaguely religious, but just remember, this *is* the GOOD kind of cray cray.)

I am sure we can help you find your mojo again. Team, huddle up. We've got some missing mojo to track down.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:05 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie-f View Post
I'm waiting on the appearance of an electric axe in your lineup ;-).

Nice new sig Janine!
Nothing on the horizon at the moment... but you. just. never. know. My roster has a lot of open spots.
Old 06-04-2023, 04:17 PM

Your baseball team idea is neat! Have fun with your NG!
Old 06-05-2023, 12:35 PM

Hey Janine, can you direct me to the easy version of "Find the Cost of Freedom"?

Just playing for my own amazement

Martin 000-15sm
Eastman E10SS
RainSong SMH
Blueridge BR-142
The Loar LH-250
Recording King RPS-9 (for slide)
Kentucky KM-250 Mandolin
A Strat and a Tele
Les Paul and Jazzmaster copies

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion