The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-15-2023, 06:39 AM

Default Cordoba Cadete 3/4 size nylon strung guitar

I know that there are folks who occasionally have need of a 3/4 size classical for travel, couch use, or perhaps for use by a child. I purchased one for a different purpose and posted a quick review over in the General Acoustic Guitar Discussion area as I am not a classical player.

Anyone who is looking for a 3/4 size classical can see my comments HERE.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:22 PM

thanks for the video...I'm looking at this instrumento to fill a songwriter's sister position. It's not easy to find inexpensive shorter scale nylons with solid tops. This guitar is unique in that fact.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp
Old 05-29-2023, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurth View Post
thanks for the video...I'm looking at this instrumento to fill a songwriter's sister position. It's not easy to find inexpensive shorter scale nylons with solid tops. This guitar is unique in that fact.
Hopefully you saw my full review. For a shade over 3 bills it has a lot going for it. Coincidentally I JUST posted a new tune, South Of The Border, done on the Cordoba Cadete 3/4 size classical. I'll post it here as well. I now have it strung with normal tension D'Addario nylon strings and it plays fine with them.

When I changed strings I did polish the frets, which helped a bunch with the feel of the frets and probably helps the lifespan of the wound strings, and lowered the saddle by 3/32" which made it much easier to play. I love low action and light touch, so it works well for me.

Last edited by Rudy4; 05-29-2023 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:04 PM

sounds great! nice guitar! lovely tune!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical