The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 04-23-2019, 04:50 PM
Charter Member

Default ** SOLD - Martin OOO-JBP (Jimmy Buffet Pollywog) !

SOLD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With great reluctance I'm offering up my cherished and very rare, collectable 2003 Martin OOO-JBP (Jimmy Buffet Pollywog). These were only produced in 2003, and only 305 were made. This is #277. I acquired this awesome guitar a few years ago from one of AGF's most respected members.

Signed by Jimmy Buffett on the label inside the sound hole, and his signature is also inlaid on the fret board (see photos).

MINT condition, save for some extremely faint string change scratches on the headstock, and one or two "teeny-tiny" micro scopic impressions that are impossible to photograph, and probably came from the factory with them. No pickmarks on the pickguard that I can discern. No fret wear. It has seen very limited play time, and during my ownership it has lived most of it's life carefully protected in it's custom Martin case, which is also in mint condition (some tarnish on the brass latches as expected after 16 years). I only played this guitar fingerstyle, never used a pick on it. This is one of the best sounding Martin's I've ever played. In fact, it's one of the best sounding guitars I've played (and I've been privileged to have owned and played some of the finest boutique acoustic guitars).

This is a "no disappointments" guitar. Not only a uniquely beautiful guitar to look at, but a pleasure to play, and the sound......sublime! Clear, crisp, chimmey and just gorgeous!

Selling as I'm downsizing in advance of a "life change" and major move, plus I have gravitated to playing exclusively electric guitar over the past year with the praise team at our church (and after 5 surgeries on my arthritic fingers, I've found electric much easier for me to play for extended periods).

This guitar is unmolested...no pickup and no strap button on the neck. It is completely original. I have never taken it out of the house. When I need to play acoustic at church (very rarely these days), I have a "lesser" Martin that has a pickup that I use.

Since these are so rare, they don't come up for sale very often. When they do they are typically listed at close to $4,000 if in mint condition like this one.

$SOLD - includes insured shipping (CONUS only). Buyer responsible for payment fees, if any.

Specs on this amazing guitar are as follows:

- 12 fret OOO body style
- Sitka top w/vintage toner
- Mahogany back and sides w/gloss lacquer finish (the aroma of the mahogany when you open the case is amazing!)
- Scalloped ¼" Style 1 hybrid bracing
- Hide Glue construction
- Blue Paua Rosette with black and white fiber inlay
- Black and white purfling with rope wood inlay
- Tortoise binding
- Black ebony fretboard
- Ships wheel and signature inlay
- Low profile neck shape
- Black African ebony head plate with gold foil ships porthole framing a sea and island scene inlaid in turquoise composite and various shades of pearl
- Back of headstock bears Martins historic logo, pressed into the wood.
- Gold Waverly open-gear tuners
- Black ebony bridge and abalone pearl-topped black bridge and end pins
- 1-13/16" nut width
- 2.28" String spacing at saddle
- 25.4" scale length
- 20 frets

Happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos. Just shoot me a PM.

I'm located near San Luis Obispo, California. If you are nearby and would like to check it out let me know.

Thanks for reading my ad!
- Mike

Link to Al Petteway playing an identical Martin 000-JBP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__MlIVpHOY0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3649.jpg (43.3 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3650.jpg (30.7 KB, 682 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3648.jpg (38.9 KB, 688 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3652.jpg (36.8 KB, 683 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3651.jpg (28.0 KB, 685 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3653.jpg (26.5 KB, 689 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3656.jpg (43.8 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3658.jpg (37.6 KB, 683 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3659.jpg (33.6 KB, 676 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3661.jpg (47.9 KB, 671 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3662.jpg (50.5 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3663.jpg (48.3 KB, 679 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3665.jpg (51.1 KB, 674 views)

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer

Last edited by Coastman; 05-13-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: HUGE PRICE REDUCTION
Old 04-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Musical minimalist

I feel like I should own one of these someday - I used to play a three hour Buffett tribute back in the day!

What is the saddle spacing on these?

Old 04-23-2019, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
I feel like I should own one of these someday - I used to play a three hour Buffett tribute back in the day!

What is the saddle spacing on these?
Oops! Sorry about that! It's 2.28". Spec added to the description.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-23-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastman View Post
With great reluctance I'm offering up my cherished and very rare, collectable 2003 Martin 000-JBP (Jimmy Buffet Pollywog). These were only produced in 2003, and only 305 were made. This is #277. I acquired this awesome guitar a few years ago from one of AGF's most respected members.

Signed by Jimmy Buffett on the label inside the sound hole, and his signature is also inlaid on the fret board (see photos).

MINT condition, save for some extremely faint string change scratches on the headstock, and one or two "teeny-tiny" micro scopic impressions that are impossible to photograph, and probably came from the factory with them. No pickmarks on the pickguard that I can discern. No fret wear. It has seen very limited play time, and during my ownership it has lived most of it's life carefully protected in it's custom Martin case, which is also in mint condition (some tarnish on the brass latches as expected after 16 years). I only played this guitar fingerstyle, never used a pick on it. This is one of the best sounding Martin's I've ever played. In fact, it's one of the best sounding guitars I've played (and I've been privileged to have owned and played some of the finest boutique acoustic guitars).

This is a "no disappointments" guitar. Not only a uniquely beautiful guitar to look at, but a pleasure to play, and the sound......sublime! Clear, crisp, chimmey and just gorgeous!

Selling as I'm downsizing in advance of a "life change" and major move, plus I have gravitated to playing exclusively electric guitar over the past year with the praise team at our church (and after 5 surgeries on my arthritic fingers, I've found electric much easier for me to play for extended periods).

This guitar is unmolested...no pickup and no strap button on the neck. It is completely original. I have never taken it out of the house. When I need to play acoustic at church (very rarely these days), I have a "lesser" Martin that has a pickup that I use.

Since these are so rare, they don't come up for sale very often. When they do they are typically listed at close to $4,000 if in mint condition like this one.

I'm asking $3,675, which includes insured shipping (CONUS only). Buyer will be responsible for any payment fees.

Specs on this amazing guitar are as follows:

- 12 fret 000 body style
- Sitka top w/vintage toner
- Mahogany back and sides w/gloss lacquer finish (the aroma of the mahogany when you open the case is amazing!)
- Scalloped ¼" Style 1 hybrid bracing
- Hide Glue construction
- Blue Paua Rosette with black and white fiber inlay
- Black and white purfling with rope wood inlay
- Tortoise binding
- Black ebony fretboard
- Ships wheel and signature inlay
- Low profile neck shape
- Black African ebony head plate with gold foil ships porthole framing a sea and island scene inlaid in turquoise composite and various shades of pearl
- Back of headstock bears Martins historic logo, pressed into the wood.
- Gold Waverly open-gear tuners
- Black ebony bridge and abalone pearl-topped black bridge and end pins
- 1-13/16" nut width
- 2.28" String spacing at saddle
- 25.4" scale length
- 20 frets

Happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos. Just shoot me a PM.

I'm located near San Luis Obispo, California. If you are nearby and would like to check it out let me know. (Deduct $100 from the price for a local pickup).

Thanks for reading my ad!
- Mike

I own #64 and have had it since the week it was released. It’s on my never for sale list. Someone is going to love this one. The sound is amazing!! I put a k & k in mine and gigged it for years. I keep it at the house now. Just incredible. GLWS
Pics Of My Guitar Herd
'03 Martin 000-JBP (#64 of 305)
'06 Martin OM-28V
'90 Martin D35 Shadetop (Genuinely Aged)
'19 Martin 00-18V Ambertone (Custom Order)
'11 Taylor T5 Koa Deluxe
Awaiting - PWGC Single 0 Brazilian Shadetop

Live life loud, so when the silence falls, everyone will know that you are gone.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownjeff View Post
I own #64 and have had it since the week it was released. It’s on my never for sale list. Someone is going to love this one. The sound is amazing!! I put a k & k in mine and gigged it for years. I keep it at the house now. Just incredible. GLWS
You are spot on Jeff. I'm torn about selling this one as not only is the sound amazing, but it is definitely one that is a rare and collectable guitar. Not to mention it is an awesome looking Martin and plays like a dream IMO. Someone will be extremely happy and lucky to get this one.

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Bump this amazing guitar back up for all to see!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

If you’re on the fence, please know that I will consider reasonable offers!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-27-2019, 03:13 PM

Putting some funds together. May be a couple weeks. I’m in NorCal.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Sunday Bump up!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-28-2019, 01:09 PM

You’re killing me!
Old 04-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
You’re killing me!
Hey Slothead - No need to suffer...just buy this OOO-JBP and live a long, happy life playing this awesome guitar!!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 05-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Will consider trade for TAG or Suhr electric

I would consider a trade of equal or lesser value for a Tom Anderson or Suhr electric guitar, providing it meets my desired parameters. See my ad for more info.

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 05-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Bump for Price Drop to $SOLD pending payment

- Edith Wharton, writer

Last edited by Coastman; 05-13-2019 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:17 PM

SOLD! I’ll email you tomorrow!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
000, 12 fret, jbp, martin, ooo