The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

1. What is the difference between Style 1 and Style 3. Is it just the art design on the Capo?
2. And on Sweetwaters page it gets a bit confusing as there seems to be Two versions of the G7 Heritage...one with art tech and one without?
But On G7th website there is not a difference and does not even show the style 3 as well.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/sea...+Heritage+Capo
3. And what is considered a Wide neck? 1 & 3/4?
Old 06-19-2019, 08:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
1. What is the difference between Style 1 and Style 3. Is it just the art design on the Capo?
2. And on Sweetwaters page it gets a bit confusing as there seems to be Two versions of the G7 Heritage...one with art tech and one without?
But On G7th website there is not a difference and does not even show the style 3 as well.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/sea...+Heritage+Capo
3. And what is considered a Wide neck? 1 & 3/4?
I believe you are correct. Style 1 vs Style 3 is engraving. And, wide neck is for larger than 1 3/4.”

If I am missing something, or simply incorrect, feel free to straighten me out.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-string View Post
FWIW, the Heritage capo sits beautifully on my Martin OM-28V, the volute is not a problem IME. I just sold another guitar that also had a volute, no problem with that one either.
4-String: Thanks. It might that the volute on the Eastie is positioned slightly different, or larger, or something. It's definitely an issue for a collar kind of capo. It will only sit that tipped at an angle and is not secure. Wish it were otherwise. So I've mostly returned to my G7 P Series that I've always liked so much.

sm
Old 06-20-2019, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

Is the G7th Heritage considerably better than the Paige capo that is similar in style? I do like the Paige and was wondering if the G7th was worth the difference.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:46 AM

Personally I could't ask for a better capo then the Heritage, I'm using it on my Eastman and have no tuning problems, around the 5th fret is usually high as I go and it's spot on, the notes crystal clear...plus their customer service is second to none, if you have any questions about anything they will promptly respond.

Last edited by Charlieb; 06-20-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Is the G7th Heritage considerably better than the Paige capo that is similar in style? I do like the Paige and was wondering if the G7th was worth the difference.
Worth the price difference? Only you can determine that - but for me it is. I have a Paige and a G7th Heritage, and while I like the Paige the Heritage sounds better, and works with much less pressure applied (on my guitars). The ART really works, and the result (for me) is a low E string that is far more in tune when I put the Heritage on than with the Paige (or my Shubbs, triggers, etc).

I use a capo quite a bit to move songs around to fit my voice, so I like having a good one. If I didn’t have the bread to buy it it wouldn’t be worth it, but I have a little fund for my hobby that doesn’t interfere with my household. I’d buy it again if I lost it. It’s a nicely designed and built piece of equipment.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
La Michoacana Classical (my Dad's guitar)
Beat to heck Seagull S6
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Fender CD 60 dread that lives in Greece
Harmonicas in a Farmer rack
Old 06-20-2019, 12:43 PM

The only downside to the G7 capos, is if you have to send it back to the UK for warranty issues. My local U.S. post office gave me a bunch of grief over the way I packaged it, how I describe it, etc.. They wanted $43.00 USD to send it back to the UK. I ended up just gifting it to a friend of mine.

The good news is that my friend fixed the two issues that I was having with it and eventually sent it back to me in fine working order, as he was talked into getting an Elliott capo by others in his group.

Tommy
Old 06-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jilm View Post
Worth the price difference? Only you can determine that - but for me it is. I have a Paige and a G7th Heritage, and while I like the Paige the Heritage sounds better, and works with much less pressure applied (on my guitars). The ART really works, and the result (for me) is a low E string that is far more in tune when I put the Heritage on than with the Paige (or my Shubbs, triggers, etc).

I use a capo quite a bit to move songs around to fit my voice, so I like having a good one. If I didn’t have the bread to buy it it wouldn’t be worth it, but I have a little fund for my hobby that doesn’t interfere with my household. I’d buy it again if I lost it. It’s a nicely designed and built piece of equipment.
Thanks for the response! I may have to pick one of these up. That low E issue is the bane of my existence when I play live. It drives me crazy and it drives my dad crazy when I have to retune. Of course, I saw a used one sell just today on UMGF.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:58 PM

I missed this thread! I've been really trying to decided between the Performance 3 and the Heritage. I have loved my Performance 2, but it doesn't work at all with my Taylor 717. Still trying to understand why.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

I'm in the decided minority here, but I much prefer the original P1 G7 model. When the P2 came out I immediately went on eBay and bought a lifetime supply of about eight P1s. They are very hard to come by now.

Nick, you know my preference. I apologize if this muddies the water.

scott memmer
Old 06-20-2019, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Of the 12 or so different Capos I've tried these G7th Heritage models are the best I've used.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 06-20-2019, 05:49 PM

My G7th Heritage is the best 12 string capo I have used, by far. It is also the most expensive, by far.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1580 View Post
How much do you need for it?

I’ll pm you.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
Recently received a G7th Heritage Capo. In short, I love it!

Quality, presentation, and functionality are spot on. Beautiful design, nifty little pouch, and works as a capo should. Fits multiple neck profiles without hassle.

Is this the only capo one needs? I can't answer that but, for me, it probably is.

Congrats on the new Heritage!

I'd take it as a gift, but I'd never spend that on a capo. That's almost the price of a Rode NT-1 or one studio monitor

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 06-20-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Congrats on the new Heritage!

I'd take it as a gift, but I'd never spend that on a capo. That's almost the price of a Rode NT-1 or one studio monitor
The Heritage improved my capo'd tone far more than a any mic or speaker could have.
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion