The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
Yeah. I hate carrying extra stuff. I don't feel the need to display my guitars on break or at home, so they go into cases. Occasionally, I'll rest my guitar on it's side right on the ground next to me if need be. I know,... the HORROR!
For gigs, I use two guitars - one in standard tuning and one in DADGAD - so casing them when not actually being played isn’t practical. And at home, they live in their cases but, when I’m playing, I have two guitars on hand in those two tunings, so the one not currently being played is on the Hercules stand. But when play-time’s over, back in the cases they go.

On the topic of damage to a guitar from being placed on, or removed from, a stand, my philosophy is that a stand, being an inanimate object, is incapable of inflicting damage without assistance from a human being. In other words, the damage is a result of ‘operator error’, a.k.a. ‘Carelessness’.

The usual disclaimers apply......IMHO, YMMV etc.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 06-19-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee1404 View Post
On the topic of damage to a guitar from being placed on, or removed from, a stand, my philosophy is that a stand, being an inanimate object, is incapable of inflicting damage without assistance from a human being. In other words, the damage is a result of ‘operator error’, a.k.a. ‘Carelessness’.
I %100 agree, but often there are other people that get on stage who should and shouldn't be there, and that's what I really worry about. I get that some people need to have their guitars out for switching between instruments, but the A-Frame stands just make me nervous. YMMV and all that.
1983 Washburn Timber Ridge Custom
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive
2016 Gibson J-45 Standard
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive backup
Tonedexter & Sunnaudio Stage DI
1990 Yamaha FS-310

Past:
1995 Martin D-28
2015 Eastman E10SS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion