The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-23-2019, 04:06 PM

Default static in Yamaha A3M

Just wondering if any one else has had this happen to them. Almost every time I plug my Yamaha A3M in to my amp I have static until I turn the cable back and forth for just a little bit and then it just goes away and it never comes back again until the next time I plug it in. Just curious what might cause this.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:25 PM

My AC3R had a very tight (tighter than most others) jack, and the output from its preamp was not as loud as most other Yamaha guitars.

I suspect you're not getting the 1/4" cable plugged in all the way at first.

At rehearsal, someone was borrowing a K&K clone equipped guitar of mine and was accusing the guitar of being faulty. Upon further inspection, the Planet Waves cable had another 1/8" to go into the jack.

That's my guess.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:43 PM

Thanks for your answer. That could be what it is. I might not be pushing it in enough.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification