The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-24-2019, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Default Any experience with...

The Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AS83 series? I’ve been looking at the Steel Blue and have also eyeballed the AS93FM in Cherry Red.

I believe the only real difference is the flame maple top? Both have Super 58’s, bound ebony boards...etc.

Anyone know if these are purely hollow? I didn’t see anything referring to a centerblock...?

Curious as to the build quality of the guitar itself, and tone of the Super 58’s.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM

I think these have a very good reputation. These are semi-hollow. You can tell because of the ES-335 style stop-tailpiece. It has to bolt into something. The steel blue looks great. On the AS93 you are paying for fancier top laminate. Up to you if it is worth it.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:42 PM

I had an Artcore AS73, which I liked and seemed to have a good build quality but the frets were soft...I was burning through them...guess I have heavy fingers. And yes there is a center block.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:33 AM

Check with Ray Sachs over on TDPRI, I believe he has experience with the series

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars