The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-23-2020, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Default shout out to McPherson

My most recent Sable had all the goodies in the case, including the strap. But, then I saw it come out of the shipping box so I knew nobody had touched it aside from the folks at McPherson. The Sable I purchased a while back did not have the strap, but it had everything else. I am pretty sure that McPherson would not have overlooked it, so my guess is that somebody at GC needed it for one reason or another.

Anyway, I sent an email to McPherson last Friday asking about the strap and offering to purchase one. They don't offer these through their store, but they do offer leather straps. I wanted the nylon strap because it is quite comfortable and it rolls up and fits nicely in the case compartment, which other straps can't do.

They sent me a strap at no cost, not even shipping, and it arrived already today. That is customer service!

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-23-2020, 04:22 PM

Nice shout out..they are an excellent company
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-23-2020, 09:43 PM

Mine didn’t come with a strap wither. Hmmm. But, I’ve got enough of them already. LOVING my Sable. It’s given me GAS for their wooden guitars.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:22 AM

They are working on a custom gig bag that is due out later this year. As someone who travels weekly(assuming the airlines recover) I am looking forward to that. For now it pretty much fits in my Access bag that I used for my Rainsong’s. I didn’t get a strap either, but I too am happy with what I have. I would also like to try a McPherson wood someday, but the kitty is empty for now, fortunately.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:17 AM

A few years back I saw their $100,000.00 and cheapo $50,000.00 wood guitars at NAMM....I stayed 6 ft from it..even then... All the times I have been to their booth I near tried any of the woods... The CFs are their least expensive line I believe.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-24-2020, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
A few years back I saw their $100,000.00 and cheapo $50,000.00 wood guitars at NAMM....I stayed 6 ft from it..even then... All the times I have been to their booth I near tried any of the woods... The CFs are their least expensive line I believe.
Yes, the CF models are substantially less cost than the wood models, yet, their goal was to make the equivalent of their wood models in carbon fiber. As far as I am concerned, they succeeded. Judging from some of the youtube reviews by players, I would venture to say that I am not alone in that assessment.

I still think there is a beauty to fine wood guitars that I don't see in carbon fiber (except maybe the Emerald wood veneers), but the guitars themselves are very nice.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-24-2020, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
They are working on a custom gig bag that is due out later this year. As someone who travels weekly(assuming the airlines recover) I am looking forward to that. For now it pretty much fits in my Access bag that I used for my Rainsong’s. I didn’t get a strap either, but I too am happy with what I have. I would also like to try a McPherson wood someday, but the kitty is empty for now, fortunately.
The Touring comes with BOTH the nice hard shell case AND a quality gig bag, leaving you the choice of which to use and when. Out of habit, I choose to use the hard shell case even though the environment isn't an issue.

As for the nylon straps, both the Sable and the Touring come with those. The advantage of these straps is that they are both comfortable and store easily in the case compartment, where with a leather strap, that has to be carried separately. As we get older, we might tend to forget to grab the strap, so there is value in being able to put everything in the case.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber