The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-12-2021, 11:55 PM

Default Loudbox Artist amp stand

Hi All
Looking for buying advice to get my Artist off the floor a little bit without the stand interfering with the jacks on the back of the amp. I don't want to use a chair Thanks.
Mark
Old 02-13-2021, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Free. I actually asked the truck driver, and he helped me pick out the best crates

Sorry for sideways pic. I rotated the original 4 ways, and it still pops up sideways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1F6C098C-9E1B-4B1A-9578-1153F31E109C.jpg (35.7 KB, 230 views)
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7

Last edited by dnf777; 02-13-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:56 AM

There’s this thread from last month with a few suggestions (including my own):

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=605305

- Douglas C
Old 02-13-2021, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

As I posted in a previous thread, I'm with Dave on this. As a bonus, my amp stand holds cables, tip jar, band banner, etc. for the load in/out.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:27 AM

I have a couple old red milk crates I used in exactly that way for years (I don’t play live often though). A while ago my 5-piece band played in a REALLY tiny bar and the keyboardist didn’t have room to use his amp stand - so I used it. I really liked how it angled it up to me in that crowded space. When I got the second Loudbox I figured I’d find a matched set of stands for use in my basement since there’s no gigs on the horizon...

- Douglas C
Old 02-13-2021, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Have been using one like this for years. Works Great!

Available at Sweetwater (and likely elsewhere as well)

On-Stage Stands RS700 Tiltback Amp Stand
All-steel Tilting Combo Amp Stand with 5-position Height Adjustment and 152 lb Capacity - Black

Loudbox Artist is also a superb amp !

Cheers!
Old 02-13-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguitar View Post
Have been using one like this for years. Works Great!

Available at Sweetwater (and likely elsewhere as well)

On-Stage Stands RS700 Tiltback Amp Stand

All-steel Tilting Combo Amp Stand with 5-position Height Adjustment and 152 lb Capacity - Black

Loudbox Artist is also a superb amp !

Cheers!

I have the same stand and it’s great. Very steady and adjustable.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 02-13-2021, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I like the looks of both the RS700 and the RS7500. The one concern I had with the RS700 was the very first review from Amazon website here...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B0002GY7MO

This person states He had to cut off 3 3/4 inches of the vertical support arms to get clearance for the power and the Channel 1 D.I. Out jacks. But...this review was for a LBX-600 and I have the LBT 600 so I'm not sure if there's a difference or not? Can somebody confirm the RS700 would work with A LBT 600? Then again...the milk crate is sounding better all the time Thanks.
Mark
Old 02-22-2021, 07:33 PM

For anyone that comes across this thread in the future.....
The On-Stage RS700 amp stand will NOT work with a Fishman Loudbox Artist without modifications. I'm probably going to put a solid bottom on the amp stand so I can offset the amp one way or another to allow access to the power plug. Only needs about an inch. I think I would rather do that than cut off almost 4 inches of one of the vertical support arms. Other than that...it's a nice amp stand. Good luck!
Mark
Old 02-22-2021, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

Those black plastic bins with the yellow lid come in several sizes and are sold everywhere. They can carry all your cables and misc gear to the gig then serve as an amp stand. I set my mixer up on one at gigs.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5YcZj33wMUAHbSud6
Old 02-23-2021, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Hey Markd,

If you're gigging and need a solution to the usual issues with placing your amp on a stage, this may be the best option.

https://www.mudstand.com/buy

Lightweight but strong, and really makes it easy to get the best tone posible.
He will easily customize one for you (if there are any issues with access to inputs jacks and the like) but the standard models will probably work.
These are not for you if you just play at home and want to leave your amp on the stand 24/7. I've been using mine (I have two) for about three years now.

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 07-10-2023, 09:21 AM

Hey I bought an On Stage stand and the bracket came up and covered the power outlet on my Artist but I found a little saw, in my toolbox, it might have been a metal saw but I got it for like 12$ I just sawed the top off of the post, even put the end cap back on, so I have easy access now. I was so worried about the size and measurement and asking people on here, a while ago. Man, just saw it off -any stand and you're good to go.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:24 PM
Charter Member

While milk crates or plastic bins may work fine, I think they look cheap and amateurish. I am constitutionally opposed to milk crates on stage. No offense is intended to those who do it. I just don't like it for my stages.

I prefer a classier and more polished looking stage for my shows. The milk crate vibe doesn't fly at the resort gigs I play, or at weddings and other venue's. It may be anal, but I learned a long time ago people also listen with their eyes. So I would use an amp stand at a minimum, or I would cover the milk crate with a nice black cloth/drape.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 07-11-2023, 06:24 AM

I mentioned the same conflict in the other thread (with the power plug being blocked). Rather than cutting off the vertical support, I opted to use a right angle plug adapter for my power connection. You could also just find a cable with a right-angle connection already in place (but harder to get):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Douglas C.

1998 Larrivée C-09
1977 Gibson MK-35
2020 Breedlove Wildwood Concertina
2003 Guild JF30-12
Kremona Verea VA Crossover Nylon
2005 Rogue Biscuit Resonator
1960's Harmony Patrician Archtop
2008 Eastman AR810-7 Archtop
Old 07-19-2023, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
While milk crates or plastic bins may work fine, I think they look cheap and amateurish. I am constitutionally opposed to milk crates on stage. No offense is intended to those who do it. I just don't like it for my stages.

I prefer a classier and more polished looking stage for my shows. The milk crate vibe doesn't fly at the resort gigs I play, or at weddings and other venue's. It may be anal, but I learned a long time ago people also listen with their eyes. So I would use an amp stand at a minimum, or I would cover the milk crate with a nice black cloth/drape.
I'm actually with you on this one. My earlier post was firmly tongue in cheek as I use either a small pole stand with my S1, or a sturdy tilt back amp stand with my LB Artist. I went through the milk crate phase playing in a bar band 40+ years ago. May it never come again!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification