The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 PM

Oh, I'm definitely ordering one, but it's going to take a little to arrive given where I live. So this is a short-term solution just in case it dips lower than, say, 38%. I'd rather not cut it so close if I don't need to -- even for a week.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:17 PM

Why not just use a large bathroom towel just ring it out well so it doesn't drip on the floor.

I keep my guitar at 45-50 percent. I won't take it out of the case ( I keep my case humidity at that ) until my room reaches 45 percent with a humidifier during the winter.

You'll need a good hygrometer and a way to calibrate it. I recommend using Potassium Carbonate and not salt.

I have a Push sensor in my case, and an Abbeon hygrometer in my room. I calibrate the Push sensor to my Abbeon which is calibrated with PC.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:51 AM

Default Better idea

Yes, the degree of humidity change matters, but what matters most is the duration of the change in humidity. Keeping the guitar in the case with a wetted sponge on a plastic soap container is enough to protect it.
Furch Gc-CR Red

ELECTRICS
Gibson Les Paul Custom '68 reissue sunburst
Carvin Bolt
Stratocaster custom build
Schecter Stiletto 5-string bass

Last edited by SkipII; 02-25-2021 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Perhaps this thread is destined for failure because of the title. Please refrain from making inappropriate comments that have to be edited.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
humidity, maintenance