The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-19-2019, 11:29 PM

Default What happened to the RK ROS-O6

Did they discontinue it and replace it with a different model ? I don’t see any other slotted headstock RK models like that one.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:51 AM

It sure looks like they have discontinued that model. What a sad thing if that is the case. The ROS 06 was the best value in their entire guitar line, in my opinion. I traded mine some years ago, and I regret it to this day. I have played a few of these new G series all solid models. None of them have been anywhere close to my old ROS 06 in tone, playability, fit, or finish despite their all solid wood construction. RK, if you’re listening, bring the ROS 06 back!!
Old 01-20-2019, 07:19 AM

Funny you should mention that. I blew the dust off of my ROS 06 this week after not playing it for quite a long time and even with old strings it still sounded really good.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmr View Post
It sure looks like they have discontinued that model. What a sad thing if that is the case. ... RK, if you’re listening, bring the ROS 06 back!!
Has been gone for a few years hasn't it?

I had one, and maybe mine was the exception, but there were more than a few manufacturing glitch in it - frets, binding, and tuners were awful.

That said, once I fixed up all the flaws and changed out the tuners, it had a wonderful tone I really enjoyed. A really nice deep rich tone and resonance. But the vintage width frets and 1 13/16" nut and I just didn't get along. . .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion