The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-23-2018, 08:48 AM

Jon,
I got to play a Rainsong Parlor on a couple of occasions, and was most impressed! Like Jim, if I didn’t already have the Shorty that may have been my choice as well.
I really like it with the sharks and all too, great pick up on your part, thanks for sharing. Glad I didn’t read this thread....
Old 01-11-2019, 05:34 AM

We played our regular art gallery opening last night for a crowd of about 20 people in a room roughly 25 by 15 feet. My partner brought his Taylor GC8 (12s) and I brought my CO-PA (12s). We played with no amplification and the RainSong parlor projected excellently with no reason to prefer the Taylor. Initially we planned to stay away from songs where I play single note guitar solos but we quickly decided that was not necessary. Usually I carry the other parlor with 10s on it and a Katana Mini to give me some extra volume for solos.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 AM

Yes, I LOVE my Rainsong Shorty FLE. I would love to play a parlor just to feel and hear it. I really thing Ted would do well releasing a FLE Parlor with the abalone ring and sharks. I personally like a little bling on my guitar.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 01-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
Yes, I LOVE my Rainsong Shorty FLE. I would love to play a parlor just to feel and hear it. I really thing Ted would do well releasing a FLE Parlor with the abalone ring and sharks. I personally like a little bling on my guitar.
Pretty sure that except for full CF back/sides my (his standard stock custom) CO-PA1100NS is a "Parlor Shorty FLE".

Jon Fields
Old 01-11-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Sam Ash in Glendale usually has two or three Rainsong's in stock, and they've always had one parlor during my visits. I too like the sharks...... in part because I've been scuba diving with reef sharks in Hawaii.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 AM

I know it’s probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, but this model appears like it has an enlarged soundhole. It’s the Rainsong Parlor Clarence White edition!!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendkill View Post
I know it’s probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, but this model appears like it has an enlarged soundhole. It’s the Rainsong Parlor Clarence White edition!!
Agreed. I was visiting Ted's website for almost two months after getting a price quote trying to decide if I liked the look of the soundhole before finally pulling the trigger. In-person it looks great and not like an enormous sound hole. All RainSongs have the same 4" sound hole.

I had the CH-WS and the CH-PA but found myself only playing the parlor. I ended up selling the CH-WS because so much playing time on the parlor convinced me it sounded better. I think this is more about training my ear and not about the two guitars' relative merit. Then I started to look around for a second one to keep strung with real acoustic guitar strings and could not bring myself to buy a second identical guitar. Thus the Concert version with which I am exceedingly happy with it's looks and acoustic power.

Jon Fields
Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, I LOVE my Rainsong Shorty FLE. I would love to play a parlor just to feel and hear it. .
Not sure which part of Phoenix you are in, but last time I was at Sam Ash they had at least one Rainsong Parlor in stock.

Rainbow in Tucson (if you are ever down there) has a CH-PA, CH-OM, CH-PA and 2 or 3 others in stock as well.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 01-11-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
Not sure which part of Phoenix you are in, but last time I was at Sam Ash they had at least one Rainsong Parlor in stock.

I saw it over there as well.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber