The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-20-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
and the ton of lessons I've bought over the years from SG's Guitar Workshop.
Blue - at this moment, SG’s and Homespun’s videos will not work with the pedal, but the functionality is being worked on (Platform Purple).

Just today, I was using it on a Toby Walker video - simply having the ability to go back fifteen seconds and pause the video without taking your hands off the guitar makes a world of difference. In some ways, it makes the video feel more like a live lesson.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
Blue - at this moment, SG’s and Homespun’s videos will not work with the pedal, but the functionality is being worked on (Platform Purple).

Just today, I was using it on a Toby Walker video - simply having the ability to go back fifteen seconds and pause the video without taking your hands off the guitar makes a world of difference. In some ways, it makes the video feel more like a live lesson.
Ok srick, thanks for the heads up. No biggie, these days I spend most of my time on Y/T anyway. I plan on using the Vidami pedal to help me in in my transcribing efforts. "If I can count it, I can transcribe it." is my motto.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

While there is no substitute for the feedback one gets in a live lesson with a good teacher, the Vidami allows one to do things that you could never get a live person to do. For example, slowing an online lesson or song down to half speed and looping a section so that one can practice it over and over—with hands never leaving the guitar—is invaluable. I know that I’ve learned songs (figuring out picking patterns, fingering positions, etc.) a lot faster than I would have, if at all, without the Vidami.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

Default NVD

Got my pedal and it works great. I had to contact support for an issue I ran into but we're good now and I'm slowly gaining mastery of the controls. The ability to set up loops, change speeds, stop, start and back up videos without taking your hands off the guitar is like nirvana when you're a note for note nit like me.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Got my pedal and it works great. I had to contact support for an issue I ran into but we're good now and I'm slowly gaining mastery of the controls. The ability to set up loops, change speeds, stop, start and back up videos without taking your hands off the guitar is like nirvana when you're a note for note nit like me.
I'm finding that it allows me to listen to a passage, rewind 10-15 seconds, and then I parrot it back. It's a great way to lean.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'm finding that it allows me to listen to a passage, rewind 10-15 seconds, and then I parrot it back. It's a great way to lean.

I’m a huge advocate of the Vidami pedal. Even though YouTube has controls to slow videos down, the Vidami has more speeds and of course can be controlled hands-free, which is a game-changer. Slowing a video down is great for confirming picking patterns, finger placement, etc. And the ability to loop is my favorite feature. As I think I said up-thread, I wish I had a Vidami years ago.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:20 PM

Quote:
This just in: The folks from Platform Purple (Homespun and Stefan Grossman Platform) are working on the integration right now!

Never underestimate the power of nice e-mails and gentle persuasion.

Rick
They don’t seem to have worked it out yet.
1990 Guild GF30 Bld Maple Archback
Alvarez AP66
Baby Taylor
G&L ASAT Tribute T-style
Old 04-16-2023, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbeinct View Post
They don’t seem to have worked it out yet.
And I suspect that it might never happen. So I did purchase an Airstep ‘Play’ for about $70.00 which handles Homespun, etc. nicely. It’s entirely software based, where the Vidami is essentially is a keystroke emulator. The Vidami may end up in our classified section.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write