The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-29-2022, 07:12 PM

Default NAD (coming soon)

Found a good condition Yamaha THR DUAL head and getting the matching cab from Sam Ash. I've owned a THR5 gen 1 and have and use a THR10II. This dual model is my "grail" amp. Can't wait!!!
Old 05-30-2022, 08:18 AM

I was not even aware of the Dual THR amp until you posted this. I went and looked it up. Looks to be a really nice amp. Congrats. I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts on it once you get it and the cabinet and get some playing time with it.
Old 05-30-2022, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Cool! That will be a very nice amp!

- Glenn
Old 05-30-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
I was not even aware of the Dual THR amp until you posted this. I went and looked it up. Looks to be a really nice amp. Congrats. I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts on it once you get it and the cabinet and get some playing time with it.
Same Here.

YamahaGuy - Congrats on the amp! Exciting to find your 'grail' amp. What guitar(s) are you planning on playing?
Old 05-30-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Same Here.

YamahaGuy - Congrats on the amp! Exciting to find your 'grail' amp. What guitar(s) are you planning on playing?
The 4 electric guitars I own are all Yamaha. Pacifica 012 highly molded with Seymour Duncan bridge Hotrail in the neck, DiMarzio middle pickup and Bill Lawrence bridge humbucker. I have a Revstar 502T with P90s. Also, a Weddington Special with DiMarzio humbuckers and an AES500 with dual humbuckers.

They all do their own thing. The Pac is very versatile. The Revstar is the best of the bunch. Very high quality instrument. The Weddington has the most "mojo."
Old 05-30-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
The 4 electric guitars I own are all Yamaha. Pacifica 012 highly molded with Seymour Duncan bridge Hotrail in the neck, DiMarzio middle pickup and Bill Lawrence bridge humbucker. I have a Revstar 502T with P90s. Also, a Weddington Special with DiMarzio humbuckers and an AES500 with dual humbuckers.

They all do their own thing. The Pac is very versatile. The Revstar is the best of the bunch. Very high quality instrument. The Weddington has the most "mojo."
I have a Guitar Center four miles down the road from me and dropped in today to see about some line array p/a offerings and if there were any special sales for Memorial Day weekend.

In the back of my mind I was really looking to see if they had any of the newly revamped Revstar models. And no, they didn’t. I was so disappointed. I’m dying to try one.
Old 05-30-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I have a Guitar Center four miles down the road from me and dropped in today to see about some line array p/a offerings and if there were any special sales for Memorial Day weekend.

In the back of my mind I was really looking to see if they had any of the newly revamped Revstar models. And no, they didn’t. I was so disappointed. I’m dying to try one.
GC doesn't carry Revstar models in store, usually. Sam Ash does. I had to order my 502T sight unseen.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

I too was unaware of that THR model. It looks fantastic. I just bought a THR30ll Wireless and I'm in love with the thing! I'm thinking the speaker cab you bought won't accept line out from my mine but if I'm wrong I may be making that purchase as well. Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
I too was unaware of that THR model. It looks fantastic. I just bought a THR30ll Wireless and I'm in love with the thing! I'm thinking the speaker cab you bought won't accept line out from my mine but if I'm wrong I may be making that purchase as well. Enjoy!
The 2x12 Eminence loaded Yamaha cab is passive. The THR30II wireless wouldn't work with it.

I run my THR10II through a PA all the time and it works great. I go out the headphone jack to a DI with a 1/8" TRS to 1/4" TRS cable. Clear and clean input into the PA. As much power as I need between the 18" sub and 2 Yamaha DXR10 top speakers.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:37 PM

I don't have the cab [yet] but I demo'd the amp with the XLR line out through a single DXR10. OMG!!! Who needs a cab?!? This is THE do it all amp. Clean. Crunch. Solid state cleans. Lead. Modern. Even with a 'cheap' strat (my Pacifica 012) the amp is so responsive to volume levels on the volume pot. Responds like a valve amp with that tube saturation tone but no need to buy or change or bias tubes. Can't wait to experience the two channels at once experience when I have more time.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:

I put in a bridge/neck Hotrails combo in one of my American Strats back in 2005 (give or take 1 year). My Iron Maiden Strat .
Old 06-11-2022, 04:18 AM

Default Update

I bought a Line 6 4x12 cab to get me by until I could find the matching Yamaha cab, or piece together something similar.

Last night while perusing GC used gear, I found the cab!!! Of course I ordered it and should have it next week!

Now what to do with the giant half stack? Maybe hook up my Bugera Infinium V22 to it...
Old 06-11-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I bought a Line 6 4x12 cab to get me by until I could find the matching Yamaha cab, or piece together something similar.

Last night while perusing GC used gear, I found the cab!!! Of course I ordered it and should have it next week!

Now what to do with the giant half stack? Maybe hook up my Bugera Infinium V22 to it...
You found the THR DUAL cab? Great!

How do you like the 4x12? Is it plywood or MDF? Quality speakers? That would tell me whether to keep it or let it go.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
You found the THR DUAL cab? Great!

How do you like the 4x12? Is it plywood or MDF? Quality speakers? That would tell me whether to keep it or let it go.
Yeah I can't believe I found the cab so quick!

The Line 6 is "opening up." My Bugera pushes it very nicely. I think I'm going to hang onto it for now. At $299, I'd bet it's mdf, but it doesn't sound bad. So far.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars