The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-10-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
This week we're going with the oldest workable wood available in the world. The back and side set is over 45,000 years old and has been preserved and kept fresh in a peat bog in New Zealand all this time:

This very satin like wood is being paired with a very silky Swiss Alpine Moon Spruce:

I'm pairing these two because both bring a lot of versatility in tone and response. They look great together too! I believe this holds true with any of my models you would like.

Like the other pairs I am offering these as a set with 10% of the wood costs and my base price available as credit towards upgrades. In this case the wood set is $1,300 along with my $7,000 base adds up to a $830 credit. This can be used for things like a cut-away, fancy golden burl trim, etc.

I have more detail about this pairing over on the Custom Forum: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...=534569&page=3
Jaw dropping gorgeous!
Old 03-11-2019, 03:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chistrummer View Post
Jaw dropping gorgeous!
Thanks chistrummer. I think so too! It has a great color and a very silky look up close.
Thanks for commenting
Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright
Old 03-17-2019, 05:48 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Week#10 Western Red Cedar and Bloodwood

This week I am offering a fabulous Western Red Cedar soundboard matched to a select Bloodwood back and side set:

Together these two tonewoods have all the makings for a fabulous contemporary guitar. The cedar top is and exceptional example of the best Western Red Cedar I have every had or seen and this Bloodwood set is selected to balance and optimize the wonderful potential of this top. I am recommending my Greta model for this pairing.
My base price is $7,000 and the woods upcharge is $600. As a pair I am offering a $760 credit towards your choice of upgrades such as a cut away and maybe an open headstock.

I have more details on the Custom Form about this wonderful pair:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...29#post6010229

Steven Wright
Old 03-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
This week I am offering a fabulous Western Red Cedar soundboard matched to a select Bloodwood back and side set:

Together these two tonewoods have all the makings for a fabulous contemporary guitar. The cedar top is and exceptional example of the best Western Red Cedar I have every had or seen and this Bloodwood set is selected to balance and optimize the wonderful potential of this top. I am recommending my Greta model for this pairing.
My base price is $7,000 and the woods upcharge is $600. As a pair I am offering a $760 credit towards your choice of upgrades such as a cut away and maybe an open headstock.

I have more details on the Custom Form about this wonderful pair:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...29#post6010229
Wow Mark, this is probably the first time I have been tempted by something other than a redwood top and ebony back. Between this and the Katalox, you’ve got some amazing pairings going on.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-19-2019, 10:38 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Wow Mark, this is probably the first time I have been tempted by something other than a redwood top and ebony back. Between this and the Katalox, you’ve got some amazing pairings going on.
Thanks Mike,

If you painted the Bloodwood black and said it was ebony anyone would have a tough time knowing any different. The most noticible difference is the Bloodwood rings a lot better when tapped. Both the Katalox and the Bloodwood are more like Ebony than anything else.

Thanks for commenting!
Mark

Steven Wright

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace