The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-06-2019, 09:57 AM

Yes, Steve, I took a little geographic license as beautiful downtown Nacogdoches sounds better than beautiful 10 miles outside of Nacogdoches in the middle of Tejas nowhere...lol
Old 03-06-2019, 11:34 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Yes, Steve, I took a little geographic license as beautiful downtown Nacogdoches sounds better than beautiful 10 miles outside of Nacogdoches in the middle of Tejas nowhere...lol
Hahahaha, as my good friend Bom Towersox would say!
Indeed, downtown Nacogdoches IS beautiful, but so is our little corner of nowhere.
It bears a lovely name itself, BTW: "Los Ranchos de la Silva Verde".
Which, I admit, is more to say (and type!) than "Nacogdoches".
Also which, aren't you overdue for a visit?

SK

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 03-06-2019, 04:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Looks great and sounds great bro!
I really dig your final expression after the last note. A nod of satisfaction and the JHKSR smile. Very cool
Old 03-07-2019, 09:26 AM

Now comes the hardest part, I will not be able to make it to Nacogdoches until the weekend of the 15th I have now officially looked at the finished pictures around 1000 times. This guitar is unbelievably beautiful and far exceeds what I pictured in my mind when we started. A few more days and I can bring it home!!!
Martin J-41

Last edited by Daveac; 03-07-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:17 AM

Heck, just forget about it for a couple more weeks. Since you can't come to B.I.G. your guitar can and you can have me and a few friends play it before you do LOL.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Heck, just forget about it for a couple more weeks. Since you can't come to B.I.G. your guitar can and you can have me and a few friends play it before you do LOL.
Tom, let me think about that a minute, NO, Ha! But on another note I'm really disappointed in not being able to attend BIG this year. I know me and everyone else on the forum really appreciate you putting this event together, I can only imagine how much work you have put into this. I'm sure it will be outrageously successful which I'm hoping convinces you to do BIG part 2 next year. This guitar would certainly be up for a road trip by then.
Martin J-41
Old 03-09-2019, 08:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

Some belated catch-up. Or, as departed friend St. Bob would say, "Ketchup".

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
Looks great and sounds great bro!
I really dig your final expression after the last note. A nod of satisfaction and the JHKSR smile. Very cool
Thanks mightily, brother. So you think I'm starting to resemble dear old dad? Not sure about that...but it's high praise, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
Now comes the hardest part, I will not be able to make it to Nacogdoches until the weekend of the 15th I have now officially looked at the finished pictures around 1000 times. This guitar is unbelievably beautiful and far exceeds what I pictured in my mind when we started. A few more days and I can bring it home!!!
Dave, she's waiting patiently in her case for you my friend. Come and get 'er!

Steve

Old 03-14-2019, 11:07 AM

Well, tomorrow is finally the day! I'll be making the beautiful drive from DFW to Nacogdoches to pick up the 00. Very excited to finally see it, also looking forward to spending some time with the guy's at the shop. I'll give an update after I've had it home for a few days.
Martin J-41
Old 03-18-2019, 08:20 AM

Now that I've had the 00 home for a couple of days and have a few hours of play time on it, I'll give my initial impressions. First, the 12 fret neck and short scale plays like a dream, very comfortable. The tone is sweet and balanced but the guitar is much louder with more sustain than one would expect in a guitar of this size. The problem I'm having is that halfway through every song I stop and turn the guitar 360 degrees to look at it! wow it's pretty. After a couple hours of playing it all I can say is it's everything I had hoped it would be and more. I would like to add that having a couple hours to spend with Steve and Ryan at the shop is always one of the highlights of picking up the guitar. They are gracious with their time and the shop is amazing. They are wonderful guy's and exceptionally skilled craftsmen that always make you feel like a part of the family. I cherish the friendship and look forward to starting this process again very soon. Great job fellas, I love the guitar and couldn't be happier! Now about that Maple OM.....
Martin J-41
Old 03-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
Now that I've had the 00 home for a couple of days and have a few hours of play time on it, I'll give my initial impressions. First, the 12 fret neck and short scale plays like a dream, very comfortable. The tone is sweet and balanced but the guitar is much louder with more sustain than one would expect in a guitar of this size. The problem I'm having is that halfway through every song I stop and turn the guitar 360 degrees to look at it! wow it's pretty. After a couple hours of playing it all I can say is it's everything I had hoped it would be and more. I would like to add that having a couple hours to spend with Steve and Ryan at the shop is always one of the highlights of picking up the guitar. They are gracious with their time and the shop is amazing. They are wonderful guy's and exceptionally skilled craftsmen that always make you feel like a part of the family. I cherish the friendship and look forward to starting this process again very soon. Great job fellas, I love the guitar and couldn't be happier! Now about that Maple OM.....
Well it would be tough to beat that testimonial. So sorry you can't make it to the deal, would have love to meet you and more importantly, this OO
Old 03-18-2019, 04:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Dave, many thanks for the chance to build this guitar. When we purchased this set--years ago--the realization was that it would make a special instrument. And since you are like family, it's all the better it became yours.

A maple OM, eh? Would you like to drive back down and wade through some of our sets? That way, you could hand select the set of Ebony that speaks to you most!

Thanks again,

Steve

Old 03-18-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Well it would be tough to beat that testimonial. So sorry you can't make it to the deal, would have love to meet you and more importantly, this OO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Dave, many thanks for the chance to build this guitar. When we purchased this set--years ago--the realization was that it would make a special instrument. And since you are like family, it's all the better it became yours.

A maple OM, eh? Would you like to drive back down and wade through some of our sets? That way, you could hand select the set of Ebony that speaks to you most!

Thanks again,

Steve
Thanks Tom, I am very disappointed I cant make it this year, hopefully you decide to do it again next year!!

Steve, thanks the feeling is mutual. This set of Madagascar is unbelievable, I cant believe I was lucky enough to end up with it. We have at least one more retirement guitar to add to the collection, HA!
Martin J-41

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop