The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee1404 View Post
Portrait, always. iPad mounted on my mic stand just above waist-height, so close enough to read easily, but not so close that it prevents the audience from seeing me!

Like MGWP, I have my songs sized to fit on one page, no remembering to hit the scrolling arrow, no messing around with Air-Turns or such clutter. Tap the RH edge of the screen, or swipe left, to move to the next song. Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy.
To accomplish that, wouldn’t the text have to be really small, almost unreadable for lengthy lyrics/chords?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM

I opt for landscape and find if I make the verses fill the full page (so there is no space at the right of the screen) I can fit most songs on one page, I use 14 or 15 font in Onsong. The key is to fill the line with words, leave no space.

Having the whole song on one page eliminates the need to show the Chorus more than once.

There is the occasional song that requires me to scroll to the end, that is it is more than one page. But Onsong lets you automatically scroll the page as you sing the song. You set song length and it scrolls for you.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic