The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-15-2019, 02:45 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox Artist Bluetooth 120-watt 1x8" Acoustic Combo Amp with Tweeter & Blue

Has anyone had any experience with this amp? I see the price on it has been lowered a bit. Have not been able to find any written reviews on it. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:35 AM

Isn't this just the old Loudbox Artist with added Bluetooth? So if it's not the Bluetooth feature specifically you want a review on you can check reviews on the old version.

Cheers,
Per
Old 05-16-2019, 05:03 AM

looks the same, except... they finally changed that crappy covering that all the previous amps came with. you look at that stuff the wrong way and it tears.
Looks like a more traditional tolex vynil is now used.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 AM

Thanks guys. I did not realize it was the same one. I ordered one. I think I got a great deal. The price was $20 lower than listed on site and it came with a Sennheiser mic, a boom, a mic cable and a $55 gift card.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 AM

excellent amp, you wont be sorry.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
looks the same, except... they finally changed that crappy covering that all the previous amps came with. you look at that stuff the wrong way and it tears.
Looks like a more traditional tolex vynil is now used.
I'm wondering if new covering is on Fishman Mini Bluetooth too?
I have one of first versions on Fishman Mini's and ruined cover really bothers me.
Ibanez SA 260 FM
Roland Cube Lite
Zoom G3XN
Bose S1 Pro
Old 05-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
I have one of first versions on Fishman Mini's and ruined cover really bothers me.
I am guessing the answer to your question is yes.

I bought a mini around Christmas time, before the blue tooth version came out. No issues with the cover (but I had no experience with the old one, so don't take that to the bank).
Old 05-17-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
If you look at the photos of the newer model with blue tooth, it certainly looks more like tolex to me. the original covering, or what ever changes the maybe did leading up to the bluetooth models, is just terrible.

But looks like they DID address it.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Hi folks

The real solution for the easily damaged covers on amps is not to build bullet proof covers on the amps. I've traveled with bands for at least 30 of the past 50 years.

We used to keep amps in a custom fitted, foam lined, roll around stage case where the amp stayed in the case and the top lifted off during gigs. All ours were wheeled and had carry handles, and would protect the contents if bumped, banged etc.

There are a lot of artists using vintage guitars, amps etc these days.

Pros make sure the gear is protected in cases not in the trunk of a vehicle.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi folks

The real solution for the easily damaged covers on amps is not to build bullet proof covers on the amps. I've traveled with bands for at least 30 of the past 50 years.

We used to keep amps in a custom fitted, foam lined, roll around stage case where the amp stayed in the case and the top lifted off during gigs. All ours were wheeled and had carry handles, and would protect the contents if bumped, banged etc.

There are a lot of artists using vintage guitars, amps etc these days.

Original Fishman Mini is actually very specific for sensitive cover. It was in better shape when I was gigging with it a for a few years (I'm always careful with any equipment that I have) then when it was sitting in the corner of my bedroom for some time, protected with a slip cover (tearing itself without anything touching it).
Ibanez SA 260 FM
Roland Cube Lite
Zoom G3XN
Bose S1 Pro
Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Hi folks
yea road cases save the day I had a 20 year old combo that I gigged heavy with,, always in the road case. looked pretty much new when I sold. but it added 3x the weight, (huge casters on the case)

so in the case of showing up for a solo gig with something like a loud box in tow, with a power speaker like an S1.

The Fishman is 25 lbls, in a road case, it's now closer to 50.
The Bose S1 is 15 lbs, in a road case, it's now more like 30

the matching cover for the loudbox isn't great, but it does a decent job protecting the covering
Old 05-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hi folks

Now you've done it Larry....wait for the responses! (and you're right of course!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification