The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-10-2019, 08:54 AM

Default My inexpensive audio for video mic setup

Once in a while I do a quick n' dirty video demo for a "Tune of the week" post on another forum. I thought I'd try out this setup to see how it works, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it functioned.

The mics are two lapel condensers off ebay and were something like $15 for the pair shipping included. They need phantom power, so that was supplied by the DR-05 when the "mic power" menu option is turned on. The only other thing I needed was the Stereo to double mono 1/8" splitter cable to plug the mics into the mic input of the DR-05.

This setup allowed me to do the video without sticking a mic up where it was visible and I also didn't need to think about maintaining proper mic positioning.

The audio was combined with the video shot by by cheap digital camera in Reaper. I also added the title jpg images and overdubbed two guitars and bass for the second demo pass starting about 1:20 into the video.

https://youtu.be/I5pnYR_Qp2w

I thought I'd post this for others that do video demos on the cheap.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD