The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Humanist

Default Simon Fay Cocobolo/Carpathian Model One...with video.

About 3 months ago I received an instrument from my very good friend Simon Fay. There is a long story behind this guitar, but I don't want to go into that right now...neither of us wanted any hoopla surrounding this guitar (or the build itself), but I am compelled to share just a bit with my forum friends.

As the thread title says, it's some nice Cocobolo paired with an immaculate Carpathian Spruce top.

Suffice it to say that Simon is at the top of his game.

I wanted to say "thank you" to Simon with some individual YouTube videos, but then I had to get serious about rehearsal practicing for an upcoming gig after a trip to the Midwest to bury one of my dearest college friends...so I sat down this morning with just my iPhone on a tripod, and did a "live Facebook" recording...of essentially my entire show...but with NO introductions...just guitar.

Apologies that I neglected to turn off my phone (!), and the first piece (Farewell To Tarwathie) was interrupted in the middle...otherwise, this is an entire show...2 sets, an hour and 15 minutes of just-guitar. I don't expect folks will watch the entire thing, but here it is, anyway:

https://www.facebook.com/larry.patti...08429988129172

Facebook says that *anyone* should be able to see the video,even if they don't have a FB account.

I also have just a few pre-finish photos that Simon did take.

Hope folks enjoy...I know I have a wealth of riches (guitar-wise) on-hand right now, and also headed my way.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop