The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-12-2002, 02:34 PM

Question 4 track recording machine

I'm interested in getting a recording machine to lay down multiple tracks. Never done it before. I've seen 4 track machines ranging from $100 - $400. I've seen digital and cassette. Who can give me guidance.

By the way, I gather this will allow me to record one guitar part and then dub another guitar part, and two different vocal parts over it. Am I right? Has anobody had any experience with these inexpensive home recorders?
Old 01-12-2002, 06:15 PM

Hey Stuart
I got a Boss BR-8 about 6 months ago, and would highly recommend this studio. The BR-8 is a digital 8 track recorder built especially for guitar players. They also make a little brother to this recorder called the 532, which is the same unit with 4 tracks. I bought my BR-8 on ebay for $475.00, and I think they are selling the 532 version for around $395..00 new. And yes you can record seperate guitar/vocal tracks and then mix down. You can even convert your finished tunes to a .wav file and email to friends. Boss makes a great product!!

Danno
Old 01-29-2002, 12:02 PM

With the advent of cheap and good sounding digital recorders, DO NOT BUY a 4 track tape based recorder. There is a ton of stuff available in your price range that will sound infinitely better than a tape based solution.....

Now if you can afford 2" tape, that's another story

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification