The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Default recommend me some programs

Hello, I am having trouble finding a good program that converts .avi to mp3. I need a program for pc that does this.

Also, recommend me a program to edit my songs such as mixing and adding effects or instruments. I need that too. Any suggestions to a beginner will help. Thank a lot

Last edited by yoda_soda; 02-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:38 PM

There are many good conversion programs, but only a few free ones. Use Google or Bing to find one you like. I use Roxio which you can download for about $30.00.

Depending on how much you are willing to spend and how much you want to be able to manipulate, there are some very good recording programs available, such as ProTools and Reaper. A good free program is AUDACITY which gives you mixing controls, EQ, compression and some effects. I recommend the beta version over the standard program.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 PM

oh, i for i also need a program to add ID3 tags to my mp3s.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

You could use SUPER video converter, which can convert the avi into mp3.

Alternatively, you could use Audacity to record "stereo mix", which is the audio output of your laptop. So set the recording input to "stereo mix", play the .avi file and hit record, and press stop after the .avi finishes. It records exactly what the computer outputs, including the beeps from other programs and whatnot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD