The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 AM

Yes, I think a single speaker like that will easily handle enough volume for an outdoor crowd of 50-75. Since it's your first gig like that, I'd suggest taking your equipment there sometime before they are open to customers and try it out. Play something through your system, iPod or CD, and walk around. Turn it up, remembering crowd noise. Does your sound reach every corner? Dispersion is sometimes more difficult than volume.

Then, play something live, using the same mics, etc. that you'll be using, and have a trusted friend walk around and evaluate the sound. This kind of test will give you a better idea of what you'll need for that location than we can sight unseen, and it will give you confidence that you'll not be limited by your equipment. It won't be necessary much after you gain experience, but before the first time, I think it will help set your mind at ease.

cotten
Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 AM

Great advise; thanks Cotten!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Default Ordered an Ultrasound AG50DS4 today

Although Guitar Adoptions charges freight, they throw in a Tuki cover which is something I should probably have.

Anybody use an amp stand? This one looks good... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=451011
Comments?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
Although Guitar Adoptions charges freight, they throw in a Tuki cover which is something I should probably have.

Anybody use an amp stand? This one looks good... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=451011
Comments?

I use a Genesis tripod stand by Ultimate Support that Guitar Adoptions sells. The one you show is probably a better one. It raises the amp up to a level where it disperses much better.

Back when I bought my Ultrasound from Dave he had free shipping but that was about 3 years ago. Still, his prices are very good and his service is much better than MF and others. The Tuki cover is a great add on. Very tough and durable.

Nelson

2002 514ce
2003 414ce Ltd
2014 150e
2010 Fender Strat
2017 Les Paul Custom

Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 PM

I just purchased an Ultrasound CP-100 from Dave. It came with a Tuki cover and I added on the tilt hardware for twenty bucks. Free shipping was part of the deal. That was just this past Monday.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification