The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-16-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chistrummer View Post
Are you suggesting that margins on guitars sales are not enough to allow people to try them?
I think that the point is that if people try them and damage them, then they can only be sold for less money. Sounds like GC is only trying to keep their stock in good condition for you, the buyer.

Why is that a bad thing?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:32 PM

The solution is simple.

GC should inform its vendors of its policy....if an instrument is above a certain price, it will be placed out of reach. If the vendor wants a demo available to the public, they provide one at reduced cost knowing that it will accumulate wear and tear and be discounted in order to move it at the end of the season.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
I think that the point is that if people try them and damage them, then they can only be sold for less money. Sounds like GC is only trying to keep their stock in good condition for you, the buyer.

Why is that a bad thing?
I never suggested it was a bad thing to try and protect their guitars, that would be the OP. But imo a store that allows you to take guitars home for month and a half then let you bring them back for a refund is probably not too concerned about play ware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHD28 View Post
The solution is simple.

GC should inform its vendors of its policy....if an instrument is above a certain price, it will be placed out of reach. If the vendor wants a demo available to the public, they provide one at reduced cost knowing that it will accumulate wear and tear and be discounted in order to move it at the end of the season.
I think you mean suppliers, not vendors, and I doubt they care.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I never suggested it was a bad thing to try and protect their guitars, that would be the OP. But imo a store that allows you to take guitars home for month and a half then let you bring them back for a refund is probably not too concerned about play ware.
Probably more than you think. From the Guitar Center return policy page:

"Returned items must be in original, brand-new condition and show no signs of wear or use including, but not limited to, belt-buckle or pick scratches, scuffs, dings or scrapes on the instrument or collateral materials. Items must also include all original packaging, manuals, warrantees and accessories or your return may be subject to a return handling charge or a minimum 15% re-stocking fee for returns that are not in original brand new condition. Items with excessive wear or damage may be subject to a disqualification."
Old 02-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I think you mean suppliers, not vendors, and I doubt they care.
Actually the term vendor is also used to describe a supplier ( or mfg or distributor of products to retailers) and they do care indirectly, because they very much care how many turns the retailer gets for their products. Which directly influences how much product the retailer purchases .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion