The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Sorry about the issues you've experienced and glad that you're seeing a bit of sunlight...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-03-2021, 07:39 PM

Sorry to hear.

I am in a bit of similar situation, i use Zelle to send a few thousands to a Seller for a Franklin guitar recently.

It has been around 5-6 weeks and i am still waiting for the guitar. Though i continue to email the Seller roughly once or twice a week for status and he still replied that he is in a business trip and will sort it out soon. I just have to keep my fingers cross and count my luck.

I have also been in audio forums where folks literally bank transfer $10-20k without knowing the person. We all hope and believe and have some faith that people with the same hobbies like us are like-minded and will not cheat us.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieu View Post
Sorry to hear.

I am in a bit of similar situation, i use Zelle to send a few thousands to a Seller for a Franklin guitar recently.

It has been around 5-6 weeks and i am still waiting for the guitar. Though i continue to email the Seller roughly once or twice a week for status and he still replied that he is in a business trip and will sort it out soon. I just have to keep my fingers cross and count my luck.

I have also been in audio forums where folks literally bank transfer $10-20k without knowing the person. We all hope and believe and have some faith that people with the same hobbies like us are like-minded and will not cheat us.
I hope this works out. I hate to think someone here has something like this happen to them.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:06 PM

I was going to use Venmo to buy some skateboard parts from a stranger and I noticed it defaults to using your available balance to pay. If your balance is $0 then it will use an attached card. Wouldn't I have any credit card protection if I use the attached credit card. i.e. - make sure I transfer my money to my bank so the balance is $0 and then pay for something with the attached credit card. Maybe have the specifics in the memo like "2 skateboard truck and 2 bushings". Then if it doesn't come start a dispute with the credit card company?
Old 03-04-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Are you implying that if the buyer pays by F&F the seller gets the same amount than if "regular" PP is used?
No. But if you use a credit card for a F&F payment, then YOU pay a fee.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Cash is king!
Old 03-16-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsepicker View Post
Don’t use Venmo to either buy or sell an instrument. They have no protections for buyers or sellers. I became intrigued by the lute, having played classical guitar for a long time. I ordered one from The Lute Society of America classifieds from a man named James Kammerer. He didn’t want to use PayPal (I should have known), and asked me to open a Venmo account and I did. Time passed, I sent email inquiries. After a month I told him I was taking action. I contacted the Lute Society of America, Venmo, and I’m filing charges with the police department and the FTC, since it was in excess of $1000 which makes it felony fraud. Venmo essentially told me there is nothing they can for me. Of course it’s my own fault, but I’ve bought a number of instruments online over the years and this is the first time I’ve had an experience like this. Caveat emptor as they say.
Sorry, but Venmo isn't the problem here. Venmo is like handing someone a pile of cash, so be sure you want to do that beforehand. I've use it a lot, no problems.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:33 AM

First mistake was thinking that Venmo was a vehicle. Okay , okay...back in my corner
Old 03-17-2021, 08:55 AM

Pray you dont get audited. Using Venmo makes an audit a nightmare. Be prepared to pay income tax on every penny you get via the service...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion