The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
We are actively looking for about 20 more sign ups to ensure a 2021 event. This is really a great time everyone which is why almost everyone is coming back from last year. Most who are not have a scheduling issue or they would come.

We will have WORLD class luthier built guitars to try and to buy. The best part is you will also have time to get to know the very luthiers who built the guitar, ask questions, get to know them, find someone who can build you your dream guitar and order it exactly as you want it. So many folks on the AGF say they don't have a handbuilt because they would never buy it without playing it, well this set up solves that issue completely. The Saturday evening house concert will be amazing. Last year it was magical.

Gerry Humphrey's acoustic amps are NOT to be missed, simply the best I have every heard.

Food, drink, laughs, bluebonnets, friends, music...I mean really what else is there!
I'm booked for 2020 and I'm sure I'll be super stoked to come back in 2021 as long as I don't have another conflict so sign me up Tom.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 11-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
I'm booked for 2020 and I'm sure I'll be super stoked to come back in 2021 as long as I don't have another conflict so sign me up Tom.

So glad you are coming! You are all set and should have gotten an email from the K-ster....if not shoot me a PM and we will double check for you.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:24 PM
AGF Sponsor

I too have contracted for an AirBnB about ten miles from Tom’s. They say it sleeps four but for $80 A night I will indulge myself more selfishly. There is nothing special about the hotel, which I stayed in last year, and it is much further away.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
I too have contracted for an AirBnB about ten miles from Tom’s. They say it sleeps four but for $80 A night I will indulge myself more selfishly. There is nothing special about the hotel, which I stayed in last year, and it is much further away.
If there was any of us that deserves to indulge themself...
Old 11-25-2019, 10:56 PM
Charter Member

Smile Yay Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
No kidding! Glad you can make the scene, Bruce. May you be in fine fettle asap!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-29-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Yes, not a fancy place, but it was brand new and very clean which I thought people would appreciate. Sounds like you have a great place now though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
Yes, I think that is about right!

Don't forget to shoot me a PM about coming, Will McNicol, Frog and Toad and Dustin Furlow, recently featured on a Candyrat video with one of his original songs off his new album, all playing for us!
Old 12-04-2019, 01:33 PM

Here is kind of a fun fact...I felt OK calling this an International event because last year we had Michael Watts (London) gracefully accept our invitation to play and this year have Will McNicol (Scotland), Tom Sands (North Yorkshire, England) and Rory Dowling from Taran guitars coming from Scotland.

Well last night we confirmed our first official attendee coming from Europe! Makes me feel like we are on to something here! No excuse for you North Americans now!!!

Come one come all!!!

Tom
Old 12-05-2019, 07:51 AM

And isn't Gerry Humphrey originally from Scotland as well? Something around there, anyhow. It will be like old home week for those guys.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Here is kind of a fun fact...I felt OK calling this an International event because last year we had Michael Watts (London) gracefully accept our invitation to play and this year have Will McNicol (Scotland), Tom Sands (North Yorkshire, England) and Rory Dowling from Taran guitars coming from Scotland.

Well last night we confirmed our first official attendee coming from Europe! Makes me feel like we are on to something here! No excuse for you North Americans now!!!

Come one come all!!!

Tom

[emoji634] stellar guitars, live music and brisket. That’s worth the travel in my books! (Beats any other weekend in between working weeks, at least...)
Also I looked at the reactions after BIG 2019, and I find this thing Tom and Kathy are doing literally amazing. I look forward to it!
Old 12-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Well, if the Yosemite Songwriting Camp that I am committed to going to the same weekend wasn't happening, I would give this some serious consideration. Maybe I can make the 2021 event even BIGer.

I am sure that it will be a blast and I look forward to reading all about it here.

Best,
Jayne
Old 12-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Wouldn't it be amazing if attendees of the American persuasion were in the minority?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Well, I’m Canadian! But also(in these times we live in), sadly American as well.

Mark Hatcher Pina Parlor Torrified Maple/Cedar
Stephen Kinnaird 00 B&W Ebony/Engelmann Spruce
Simon Fay African Blackwood/Sinker Redwood
Wolfgang Jellinghaus Torres Modelo 43S Maple/Spruce
K Yairi CYTM Maple/Cedar
Old 12-05-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck7 View Post
Well, I’m Canadian! But also(in these times we live in), sadly American as well.

Seen from outside, America is complex but grand in every way. And I can hardly thing of anywhere else where something like BIG would be born. Please don’t be too sad, or for too long!
Old 12-05-2019, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat5 View Post
Seen from outside, America is complex but grand in every way. And I can hardly thing of anywhere else where something like BIG would be born. Please don’t be too sad, or for too long!

BIG is a haven of great people and good times for sure !!!

Mark Hatcher Pina Parlor Torrified Maple/Cedar
Stephen Kinnaird 00 B&W Ebony/Engelmann Spruce
Simon Fay African Blackwood/Sinker Redwood
Wolfgang Jellinghaus Torres Modelo 43S Maple/Spruce
K Yairi CYTM Maple/Cedar
Old 12-18-2019, 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Basically we are just trying to put on a great show/party/weekend that is fun for everyone.

I have had several people tell me they would like to come, but they are really not that good of player. I want to make it clear, this weekend is for anyone from non-players to the Will McNicols of the world. There is no playing required, you sample guitars if you wish, you take a workshop if you wish, you take a lesson if you wish, but at no point are you put in front of anyone and asked to show us what you can do. This is for the love of guitars, not who can play Stairway to Heaven (thank goodness).

So any and all players are invited. Even if you don't play at all, but love guitars, you are welcome. The music alone is worth it if not the food and new friends you will make.

Happy Holiday to all and hope to see many of you at B.I.G. (er) 2020.

Tom and Kathy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop