The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-02-2020, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
I would like a footrest for under my right foot that's about 2" high, slanting the opposite way that a traditional guitar footrest slants. And just a slight slant. I used a book today and it worked pretty good.
Hi KarenB
I relate.

I've used (with my NeckUP) a Minneapolis phone book Yellow Pages for years. Taped it up with duct tape and tossed it on the floor under my right foot. I have short legs…don't need nor want a footstool.

My SoundSeat has the shortest piston, and requires no phone book yellow pages (or anything else). Just the NeckUP.

I've also use my tool bag, an empty plastic mic case, or a couple paper back books.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 11-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Default suction cup neck up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi KarenB

I relate.

I've used (with my NeckUP) a Minneapolis phone book Yellow Pages for years. Taped it up with duct tape and tossed it on the floor under my right foot. I have short legs…don't need nor want a footstool.

My SoundSeat has the shortest piston, and requires no phone book yellow pages (or anything else). Just the NeckUP.

I've also use my tool bag, an empty plastic mic case, or a couple paper back books.

ljguitar,
I too can relate. I have a Dynarette pillow/pad that I use with a “yard art” tortoise sculpture when playing on my porch. It’s the best as it allows a variety of foot positions and heights.[emoji3] IMG_9567.jpg
Old 11-03-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
I would like a footrest for under my right foot that's about 2" high, slanting the opposite way that a traditional guitar footrest slants. And just a slight slant. I used a book today and it worked pretty good.
Something that low, that doesn't need to be adjustable, ought to be easy to make. Just have somebody cut you an appropriately sized/shaped bit of wood, say from a 4x4.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Helpful ideas here. Thanks.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion