The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 06-01-2020, 06:46 PM

Default People under pressure in quarantine: Robert Fripp Edition

Old 06-01-2020, 08:00 PM

Thanks!
Big RF/KC fan here.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:47 PM

I caught that one today and loved it. I've been enjoying their videos as they come out. Good stuff.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuksan View Post
I caught that one today and loved it. I've been enjoying their videos as they come out. Good stuff.
I know it's childish and superficial to think it, but are they the perfect couple or what?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I know it's childish and superficial to think it, but are they the perfect couple or what?
They look like a perfect couple to me. You can see how much they enjoy each other's company.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:32 AM

From the outside, it always seemed an unlikely pairing, but it has lasted 34 years so far. Their videos are great: just two extremely talented people having fun together. Also what some overseas readers may not realise is that in the UK, to anyone under 60, Mrs Fripp is much better known than her hubby.

Anyone else out there remember pogoing to 'I Want To Be Free', 'Good Morning, Universe' and 'Thunder In The Mountains'?

Old 06-02-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
Also what some overseas readers may not realise is that in the UK, to anyone under 60, Mrs Fripp is much better known than her hubby.

Anyone else out there remember pogoing to 'I Want To Be Free', 'Good Morning, Universe' and 'Thunder In The Mountains'?
I had been wondering if that might be the case. I had never heard of Toyah before their videos started coming out about a month ago. I looked up videos of her songs and had not heard any of them. I guess her music didn't make it to the west coast of the US very much.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN