The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-29-2024, 06:04 AM

Default Anyone Use a XLR A/B Switcher Between Your RedEye And 2 Channel Amp?

My acoustic amp (Genzler) has 2 XLR input channels, and I use 2 different guitars, each EQ'd differently. I use a RedEye on my pedalboard which is phantom powered. I'd like to come out of the RedEye into a XLR A/B switcher, then into each amp channel so I can switch between the channels when I change guitars. I use a Shure GLXD wireless unit on my pedalboard, and was wondering if I engaged the tuner button, would that eliminate any popping sound when switching amp channels with the XLR switcher. Any ideas?
Old 02-29-2024, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

I would not send phantom power through any sort of A/B switcher. There's a large chance that something could happen internally during the switching process which would lead to 48V going down the wrong wire and frying gear. If you do use the Red Eye with a switcher, power it some other way than phantom.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:16 PM

Thank you sir. I wondered about the phantom power issue.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification